Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1024 CCM Clock Connections of System Clocks

Jump to solution
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi all,

I am configuring my IMXRT1024 project. I have two following question about Clock Connections of system.

Q1: How many clocks can be used at the same time in IMXRT1024 ? Is there any dependency or restriction parameter for using multiple clock at the same time? Which parameters restricts the situation?

Q2: In addition to this, Is not QTMR a System Clock? Is there any other category for QTMR? I could not find the QTMR between System Clocks in below view:

Lukas_Frank_0-1625036381584.png

But it seem like QTMR under the System Clocks in Table 14-4. System Clocks, Gating, and Override in 14.5 System Clocks as seen below:

Lukas_Frank_1-1625036904533.png

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Lukas_Frank 

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Answer your questions:

Q1: How many clocks can be used at the same time in IMXRT1024 ? Is there any dependency or restriction parameter for using multiple clock at the same time? Which parameters restricts the situation?

Answer: The user manual Figure 14-3. Clock Tree listed clock also can works at the same time, no restriction. You don't need to worry about it, you also can use our MCUxresso IDE, and the MCUXpresso CFG tool to configure the related clocks.

Q2: In addition to this, Is not QTMR a System Clock? Is there any other category for QTMR? I could not find the QTMR between System Clocks in below view:

But it seem like QTMR under the System Clocks in Table 14-4. System Clocks, Gating, and Override in 14.5 System Clocks as seen below:

Answer:  Your picture from the user manual already tell you the QTMR source clock, it is ipg_clk_root.

And you use the CCGR[CG13] to enable it.

kerryzhou_0-1625118708557.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

kerry

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Miss

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Lukas_Frank 

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Answer your questions:

Answer: The user manual Figure 14-3. Clock Tree listed clock also can works at the same time, no restriction. You don't need to worry about it, you also can use our MCUxresso IDE, and the MCUXpresso CFG tool to configure the related clocks.

Q2: In addition to this, Is not QTMR a System Clock? Is there any other category for QTMR? I could not find the QTMR between System Clocks in below view:

But it seem like QTMR under the System Clocks in Table 14-4. System Clocks, Gating, and Override in 14.5 System Clocks as seen below:

Answer:  Your picture from the user manual already tell you the QTMR source clock, it is ipg_clk_root.

And you use the CCGR[CG13] to enable it.

kerryzhou_0-1625118708557.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

kerry

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @kerryzhou,

I have two more questions related the your answer. 

Q1.1:

I have visited the config tools website before but I saw that is supported for IMXRT1050. Can I use config tools for IMXRT1024? Link below:

CONFIG-TOOLS-IMX 

Q2.1:

I wonder how your reference manual has green color background? Is there any myth? Is it for experts like you? This is just a question for to explore the question "Is there any other document could I reach to inform me more" 

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Lukas_Frank 

Q1.1:

I have visited the config tools website before but I saw that is supported for IMXRT1050. Can I use config tools for IMXRT1024? Link below:

CONFIG-TOOLS-IMX 

Answer: do you download the SDK for the RT1024 from this link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder?hw=MIMXRT1024-EVK

And download install the MCUXPresso IDE:

www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso

Then you can use the MCUXpresso IDE import the SDK project:

ConfigTools->clocks

kerryzhou_0-1625121298326.png

Q2.1:

I wonder how your reference manual has green color background? Is there any myth? Is it for experts like you? This is just a question for to explore the question "Is there any other document could I reach to inform me more" 

Answer: it's not the RT related technical question, it is the PC configuration for the document eye protect color, you can search it in google.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Dear @kerryzhou,

Thanks for your patience and interest.

Best regards.

0 Kudos