cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT field updates/bootloader

jackking
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I am still trying to figure out the best solution for end-user updates of the IMXRT.  All of the current documented solutions are geared toward development or manufacturing, not end-users...

I found an application note for the LPC which covers the topic well, but I don't find any similar notes for the IMXRT:

USB In-System Programming with the LPC11U3X/LPC11U2X

Is there an example friendly PC utility for IMXRT that loads the flashloader and then writes the firmware image using ISP or using USB mass storage to allow the firmware file to be copied as a file into the device and update flash (DAP-Link?)

Also, is there a software/programmatic method to enable ISP and reset (without using external tact switches) similar to what is described in that application note?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jack King,

MIMXRT is the high level MCU, it is more complex than the LPC11xx series.

But about the according function like ISP in LPC, MIMXRT also have the similar function, it is the ROM bootloader,  you can find more details in the RT reference manual, chapter 8 system boot.

A simple way to you, you can use the MFGtool to download your application code through the USB HID interface.

More details, please check this application note:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12108.pdf

page 10, chapter 4.2 MFG Boot from QSPI flash.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos