Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX RT1060 FLEXPWM2_EXT_CLK external clock maximum input frequency

Jump to solution
kinlee
Contributor II

Hi

I want to use an external clock for a PWM signal. I understand that this external clock will be routed through XBAR, and in my case XBAR1_OUT48 is connected to FLEXPWM2_EXT_CLK.

However what is the maximum frequency I can drive FLEXPWMn_EXT_CLK. Is it stated in any documentation? 

best regards

KL

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kinlee 

I would like to apologize for the delay. We are overloaded on the request these days. I really really appreciate that you were so patient.

Regarding your question about the EXT_CLK for FlexPWM2, after double-checking internally, this external clock only can reach to the half of internal ipg_clock, that its default is 150MHz, so the maximum frequency you can drive on FLEXPWMn_EXT_CLK is 75MHz. Sadly, It is not stated in any public documentation.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kinlee 

I would like to apologize for the delay. We are overloaded on the request these days. I really really appreciate that you were so patient.

Regarding your question about the EXT_CLK for FlexPWM2, after double-checking internally, this external clock only can reach to the half of internal ipg_clock, that its default is 150MHz, so the maximum frequency you can drive on FLEXPWMn_EXT_CLK is 75MHz. Sadly, It is not stated in any public documentation.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.