IMX 1064 eMMC Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX 1064 eMMC Configuration

gredpath
Contributor III

I am designing a board using the 1064 EVK as a reference. I am replacing the Hyperflash by a eMMC on uSDHC 2. 

I wish to be able to boot from the eMMC.

My question is how do I switch from 3.3V to 1.8V, is there a dedicated GPIO? or could I use GPIO_SD_B1_07 to switch supply to the eMMC.

I see a boot option to boot from 1.8V on uSDHC 1 but I don't see a similar option for uSDHC 2 in both the HW design guidelines and the schematic.

Many thanks

George

0 Kudos
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello George, 

My question is how do I switch from 3.3V to 1.8V, is there a dedicated GPIO? or could I use GPIO_SD_B1_07 to switch supply to the eMMC.

This is controlled by the supply voltage you apply to NVCC_SD1. You can refer to Table 7 of the datasheet to get more information about it. Just as heads-up, this is the voltage domain for other signals too, so if you supply 1.8 might affect the signals of other modules.

I see a boot option to boot from 1.8V on uSDHC 1 but I don't see a similar option for uSDHC 2 in both the HW design guidelines and the schematic.

Could you please specify where did you see this option? If you refer to Table 8-20 of the reference manual, you will see that you can select 1.8V for the USDHC2 interface too. 

pastedImage_3.png

Have a great day,
Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos