IAR "Fatal error: Failed to connect to CPU" MIMXRT1060-EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAR "Fatal error: Failed to connect to CPU" MIMXRT1060-EVK

nsohacki
Contributor II

After flashing a program with a possibly bad linker file to this board, my debugger can no longer connect to the processor. I read that some MCUs have an ISP mode where it allows the debugger to take control again. I don't see that for this MCU though.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nsohacki
Contributor II

Support helped me in a ticket with this one. Turns out I had to erase the flash by setting the boot configuration to Serial Downloader (via the boot configuration pins) and using this tool: https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility to erase the flash. Don't forget to change the boot configuration back to whatever it was set to. Also note that the tool expects the board to be connected via the USB OTG port so that it can access it as a HID device.

0 Kudos

mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

in my case for the RT1020 and RT1050 instead of using NXP-MCUBootUtility I always changed the boot configuration to something not used and then run the flexspi hyper flash/nor example from internal SRAM -> the examples erase the complete flash memory if running from internal SRAM.

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stefan,

The internal RAM to erase the external flash also works. Thanks for your sharing.

In fact, you just need to erase the external flash.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nicholas Sohacki ,

Thanks for sharing the ticket reply in the community.

MCUBootUtility also support the UART, not only HID.

Wish it helps you!

If you have the new questions in the future, welcome to create the new case, thanks.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos