cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot debug with P&E multilink Universal FX into the iMXRT1020-EVK

gustavoparlanti
Contributor I

I cannot debug with P&E multilink Universal FX into the iMXRT1020-EVK

I can debug with the openSDA implemented into the board but when I want to debug with the Multilink FX the message that I obtain is the following:

P&E GDB Server for Arm(R) devices, Version 7.14.00.00
Copyright 2018, P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc, All rights reserved
Loading library C:\NXP\MCUXpressoIDE_10.3.1_2233_new\ide\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_3.9.9.201902081724\win32\gdi\unit_ngs_arm_internal.dll ... Done.
Command line arguments: -startserver -device=NXP_iMX_IMXRT1021
Device selected is NXP_iMX_IMXRT1021
HW Auto-Selected : Interface=USBMULTILINK Port=PEME39D39   ; USB1 : Multilink Universal FX Rev C (PEME39D39)
Connecting to target.
P&E Interface detected - Flash Version 10.18
Can not enter background mode.
Unable to initialize PEDebug.
PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : The GDB Server was not able to establish a connection to the target processor. Please check your connections and power. Verify that the launch settings in the Debug Configuration are accurate.
Target Disconnected.
I review all post and I try all things into the post and I cannot make it work. 
I open the jumper J27 and J28 to disconnect the openSDA. 
I don't know what else to do. 
I did a custom board and I have the same problem. 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gustavo,

I made some tests on my side and I was able to debug using a Multilink Universal FX Rev. B debugger. I used the newest version of MCUXpresso IDE and an SDK example. I had to remove J27 and J28 from the RT1020-EVK to debug correctly, see image below.

pastedImage_1.png

What IDE are you using? Are you using an example from the SDK or your own project?

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gustavoparlanti
Contributor I

Hi Victor 

Thanks for your feedback but it is not work for me. 

Yes I use one example from the SKD the iled_blinky project and I can debug with the open SDA and with external JTAG I cannot debug, I open J27 and J28 and I try with 3 different probes P&E Multilink, P&E Multilink FX, Segger J-Link and no work any of the probe. the question is with other configuration I need to change to make it work? 

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gustavo,

Are you connecting the debugger to J16 connector? Are you using MCUXpresso IDE? If so, when you debug with the OpenSDA and then you want to debug with another debug probe, you need to delete the debug configuration. To do this please follow the next steps:

1. Select the debug configuration file.
  2. Right click on it.
  3. Delete.

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Victor