Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MXRT1060 EVK debugger not working

Jump to solution
patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have been working with my I.MXRT1060 EVK for several days without problems on a FreeRTOS project until today. The debugger can't connect to the CPU anymore. It seems like the CPU is running and doesn't allow the debugger to control it.

Please help!

Thanks

Patricio

Labels (1)
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Patricio,

It seems that you bricked your board. This could happen for many reasons, for example, you misconfigured a clock, one of your clocks is out of spec, your program tried to access a region of memory that is reserved or doesn't exist, the debugger cannot take control because the MCU is on an unknown state, etc.

I just sent to your email a step-by-step guide on how to recover your board. Please, let me know the results on your side.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Patricio,

It seems that you bricked your board. This could happen for many reasons, for example, you misconfigured a clock, one of your clocks is out of spec, your program tried to access a region of memory that is reserved or doesn't exist, the debugger cannot take control because the MCU is on an unknown state, etc.

I just sent to your email a step-by-step guide on how to recover your board. Please, let me know the results on your side.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

SanjayBurnwal
Contributor I

Hi Victor,

I am using IMXRT1064 EVK, today morning i was able to program the board,

But certainly, i start facing the same problem, please send me step by step instructions to come out from" could not stop cortex -M  device! Please check the JTAG cable".

My Mail ID: sanjay.burnwal@gemssensors.com

Regards

Sanjay BUrnwal

0 Kudos
mercurous
Contributor I

Victor,

Can you also send me this guide?  I think I am encountering a similar problem with our boards.

Thank you!

Pete

0 Kudos
patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi Victor,

Thank you very much for your help. I will follow the guide and let you know.

Have a nice day,

Patricio

0 Kudos
patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi Victor,

It works beautifully. Thank you very much. Now my board is alive.

Just for learning, yesterday I googled a lot for similar problems, and I found the following article written by Erich Styger.

Regaining Debug Access to NXP i.MX RT1064-EVK executing WFI | MCU on Eclipse 

It seems that the problem he had was similar to mine, but in his case the board he used was the I.MXRT1064 EVK. What I don't understand is why the number of steps involved in his article are a lot more than the guide you sent me. He also mentions an application called NXP-MCUBootUtility that he uses for bringing the board back to life.

So my question, what is the difference? Is it because of the internal flash that the I.MXRT1064 device has? I know that the I.MXRT1062 uses external flash only (which is my case).

Thank you!

Patricio

0 Kudos