cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HyperRAM speed 200MHz for RT1062

BlackTurbo
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to ask a question about the HyperRAM speed configuration on RT1062.

We're using a HyperRAM "S70KL1282DP" in a board of RT1062 core, its speed is 166Mhz. It works fine in our board. But this HyperRAM is out of stock, and it's long lead time make us to choose other modules. We found "S70KL1282GA" is a good choice. The only concern is that its speed is 200MHz instead of 166MHz. My question is: could I replace it directly on our board? Is there any configuration (e.g. FlexSPI clock?) I need to modify to accommodate the new module of 200MHz speed?

Thanks

3 Replies

Alex-APMemory
Contributor I

Memory speed is definitively a max and can be run at lower speed. Fyi we have tested NXP RT with APMemory OPI 200MHz (APS12808-OBR-WA) actually even over MCU spec up to 200MHz for lab check, and then running it at MCU guaranteed 166MHz max spec. You can go lower speed upon need as well. Or use QSPI PSRAM if you need less BW and want to save pin.

Alex

0 Kudos

lucas_cao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RT1060 FlexSPI cannot run at 200MHz

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

Generally, the frequency on the memory is the maximum frequency allowed, it might work under a lower frequency however I suggest you double-check with the manufacturer if they function frequencies less than 166Mhz.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos