cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HyperRAM RWDS and FlexSPI DQS

patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi guys,

I'm looking at the documentation of the FlexSPI and HyperRAM devices, and I don't understand the RWDS(DQS in the IMXRT) timing, when this signal is used as DATA MASK during the write transaction. 

In the attached file JPG file, there are 2 pictures.

The top picture shows the write transaction signaling from hyperRAM's datasheet. The bottom picture shows the FlexSPI signaling for a HyperBus device, taken from IMXRT Ref Manual.

As you can see the RWDS signal is not aligned as shown in the in the HyperRAM's datasheet.
Is the RWDS being used as DATA MASK in the EVKs during write transactions or it is simple held at zero all times?

Thanks a lot

Patricio

Hyperbus_RWDS_FlexSPI_DQS.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
In my opinion, the above two figures both show CK and Data are center-aligned, however, in the below figure, the RWDS shift a half-cycle phase versus the above figure.
About using the HyperRAM with the i.MX RT, to provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you refer to the application note and its corresponding code.
corresponding code.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos