Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use MQS on trial

Jump to solution
takahirosato_ry
Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to ask you about MQS (Medium quality sound).
A customer is interested in MQS to use for their speaker output instead of external DAC. They now want to try to use MQS interface as speaker output, and check about quality and volume of the sound, whether it's fit with their application, or not.

Q1. Could you please let me know what evaluation board released from NXP is good to use MQS I/F on trial? They want to connect the MQS signal to their speaker which is now on their current application, then check sound quality.

Q2. According to some reference manuals of i.MX RT series, it says "The signals above 10 kHz will have worse THD+N values." Please let me know how much WORSE the THD+N value if you know (e.g. enough for piano for kids, enough for BGM with small volume in small room, etc.).

Best regards,
Takahiro

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi takahirosato_ry,

You are welcome, it doesn't matter for the late reply.

I already receive your new case, and I already share with you the MQS hardware driver circuit and my newest MQS demo, which I have ported to the RT1062 which is based on the newest SDK2.8.2.

Please check your email for detailed information.

Any questions, just let me know in the case.

Wish it helps you!
If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know!
Best Regards,
Kerry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
harelhacham
Contributor I

Hi,

Joining to Sangrae I would like to get the example also.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @harelhacham 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Using-MQS-for-PAM8302A-amplifier-in-SLN-LOCAL2-IOT/m-p/1392638/...

I already share the code.

If you have any issues, welcome to create your own question post.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
takahirosato_ry
Contributor II

Hi Sangrae,

I'm sorry for no update during a year.  At that time, I prepared a demo environment and offered the customer to evaluate quality of sound on the board but, unfortunately, their project was pending and discussion was stopped, so we didn't get any feedback / comments about the circuit of demo board from customer.

The circuit design of my demo is as below.  There are 2 channels on it for L/R stereo channels.

filter_circuit03_cutoff_50kHz.png

Since we cannot get any more update from customer, please close this ticket.  Thanks for your help, and sorry that I cannot get further update.

Regards,

Takahiro

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi takahirosato_ry,

Thanks for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.
Our AE has shared some RT MQS example which is based on the RT1050, RT1060 also can run it, it is using the SAI3 DMA method.
About the worse situation, I think you still need to test it with your own situation.
Here I share you one test result from my side, please check the video, whether this sound quality can meet your demand or not?
If you think this sound quality can meet your demand, and want to get the source code.
You can create the case from the nxp.com, in the case content, you can write assign to Kerry zhou.
Then I will send you the test code project in your case through the email.
Please check the attached .mp4 test result at first.

The RT EVK board still can't support the MQS directly, the MQS also need some external driver circuit.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
takahirosato_ry
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

I'm really sorry for my late response, and thanks for your demo video.
The sound quality looks good, and probably meet with customer requirements, but they want to check directly by their own hand.
Since I would like to set up the demo environment on RT1060-EVK by myself, I'll create new case and ask to assign you later.

Thank you so much for your cooperation. I really appreciate you.

Best regards,
Takahiro

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi takahirosato_ry,

You are welcome, it doesn't matter for the late reply.

I already receive your new case, and I already share with you the MQS hardware driver circuit and my newest MQS demo, which I have ported to the RT1062 which is based on the newest SDK2.8.2.

Please check your email for detailed information.

Any questions, just let me know in the case.

Wish it helps you!
Best Regards,
Kerry
Note:

0 Kudos
Sangraemelb
Contributor II

Hi!

I am also looking for a MQS hardware design.

Can you share the file with me?

Regards,

Sangrae

0 Kudos