Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup 1050RT-EVKB for FreeRTOS / AWS

Jump to solution
mkuczorra
Contributor III

Hi together,

I was the opinion this couldn't be too complicated but as I am totally new to this I fail again and again...

Hardware: MIMX1050RT-EVKB with uSD to m2 Adapter and 1DX m2 Module for Wifi.

Aim: Just posting "Hello World" to MQTT client like in the video, for example every second.

IDE: MCUXpresso v11.2.0 with installed SDK for the board.

What did I do? Created new project with FreeRTOS as OS and tried nearley everthing I have found in the "Getting Started Documents". Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Max

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
17 Replies
mkuczorra
Contributor III
0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

I have a feeling that my problem has something do to with the priorities of the tasks but I have no idea how to solve this. I will go trough the link you provided. Thanks so far.

Could someone check my freeRTOSConfig.h (attached), please?
I have to admit that I am a absolute beginner to this. Sorry! Please let me know if you need any further information.

I am pretty sure that it has something to do with the task priorities…

Soometimes it will run into a hard fault..

0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

Ok, here are the detailed steps:

• Import SDK example
  • Select board: evkbimxrt1050
  • aws_clientcredential_keys.h replaced with the one created in Configurator
  • aws_clientcredential.h -> set endpoint, thing name, SSID and password
  • Build
  • Debug
  • Resume
  • Error (see picture)1.PNG
0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i,
Thanks for your reply.
It seems a bit weird, I did the same debug action ad you did, however, I've not encountered the issue.
Can you upload your project, then I can run it for testing?

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

Yes. It's weird. I realized something.

So it will always work once. After starting my PC when I connect the board to my laptop the demo will run fine but not a second time. Even reconnect wont help. Only shutting down and wait.
It seems to be an hardware problem and not a software problem?

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Maybe you can try other IDEs like Keil, IAR to debug, and I'd like to know whether the code can run well after exiting debug mode.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

Hi,

I have no IAR licence and I struggle with KEIL but the other demos in MCUXpresso, which are not aws, will always work fine. I am desperate.

Any Jumper that has to be changed for aws?

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Any Jumper that has to be changed for AWS?
-- No, I'm afraid not.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

Hi,

thanks so far.

So, no further idea?

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
I'd like to know ever you test with other PC, and also encounter the same issue or not.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

It is bit hard to explain because I could not figure out what causes the problems.

There is a good chance that the code will run well the first time. There is also a good chance that it won't work well after I debug or re-connect the usb cable to my laptop.

I will try Keil for debug. Thanks so far!

0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

Hi,

I ve got a ne problem with the aws_tests_wiced example. (see pictures attached)

Break at address "0x856002ae" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.

Already checked the tutorial..

Can anyone help? I have no idea where to start...

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I‘ve not encountered the issue before, so I was wondering if you can introduce the steps of testing you did in detail, as I'd like to replicate the issue you mentioned.
Looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for helping me.

I build aws_remote_control_wiced example. I changed SSID and wifi password. It could connect to wifi (see picture 1).

Then I replaced the original client_credential_keys.h file with the one I created in the configurator and got the failure in picture 2.

In picture 3 you can see "something" is happening...

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi Max, Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you. To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you refer to AWS IoT demo in the SDK library for MIMXRT1050 board. Have a great day, TIC ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: - If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you! - We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

Iperf works now.

I will try going on with AWS. Thanks so far.

0 Kudos
mkuczorra
Contributor III

Hi, I tried to run the wifi iperf example described in the "Getting started with M2 modules and iMX-RT" but got following error. What did I wrong?

0 Kudos