How to remove pre-installed dev boards in MCUXpresso?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove pre-installed dev boards in MCUXpresso?

Anonymous
Deactivated User
Whole idea of building on-line the SDK tool specifically for the custom device/board  is a wonderful idea - keeps workplace clean. Then how does this "pre-installed" boards serve this idea? We need to scroll a long list of unrelated boards to get our few boards at the end of the list...
How to remove those pre-installed boards/devices?
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ebirdman,

The on-line SDK tool which you can select your own related board or chip, and generate the directly project.

Do you mean the installed SDK in the MCUXpresso:

image.png

Do you mean remove the related SDK? 

If yes, you just need to delete it by right click and uninstall it.

You can let me know your detailed question, eg, which SDK, IDE you are using, which detail boards/devices you want to remove.

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/

This area can generate the detail boards, after you select the related board, there will don't have other boards.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

Anonymous
Deactivated User

Hi, thank you for a reply. My post spelled out only "pre-installed boards" AKA "available boards" and "available devices", not "installed" and not whole "SDK package".

According to NXP IDE manual , those are the boards and devices which come already installed with MCUXpresso installation regardless whether developer needs those or not. There is no "right click" option to remove them. I hope that you might know the other way how to clean the SDK related tabs in the IDE and keep only those devices which developer needs.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ebirdman,

Thanks for your updated information.

Can you give me a screenshot to indicate your detail questions?

As I know, if you don't need to use the related chips, you can don't add the related SDK.

But, to the IDE, even it contains other boards and devices, it will not influence your specific chip devices.

Why you think it need to removed? In fact, that should not be added to your specific project.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

Anonymous
Deactivated User

Quote from the NXP User Guide   https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf 

4.1 Preinstalled Part Support

The IDE installs with an enhanced version of the part support as provided with the older NXP IDE LPCXpresso IDE v8.2.2. This provides support for the majority of LPC Cortex-M based parts‘out of the box’. This is known as preinstalled part support.

The example you want to see is shown in the same document:

4.1.2 Viewing Preinstalled Part Support

When MCUXpresso IDE is installed, it will contain preinstalled part support for most LPC based MCUs.To explore the range of preinstalled MCUs simply click ‘New project’ in the Quickstart panel.

My installation has the same preinstalled boards as yours - the current MCUXpresso. None of us installs these boards.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ebirdman,

Thanks for your updated information.

What's the NXP chip you are using? RT or the LPC?

In fact, the related board and /or Device is used to help you to create the project, and as I know, just when you install the related SDK package, then the SDK supported chip can be added here:

image.png

Just like other IDE, also have the related chip or board example to select, I think it should not influence your project to develop. Do you meet the other chip or board influence your own chip project?

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos