How to produce a PPS signal whose pulse width is 100ms

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to produce a PPS signal whose pulse width is 100ms

hubo1
Contributor I

My target is IMXRT1064. Using PTP timer I can produce a PPS signal , but its width is 200ns because my 1588 period is 40ns (ENET_ATINC INC=40),which its max width is 32*40ns. Now I need a PPS signal whose pulse width is 100ms and I can check the synchronization precision. How to produce this signal?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please share how you are configuring the pps signal? Are you basing your application on the enet_ptp1588 example provided in the SDK? If so did you manual change the ENET_Ptp1588Configure function? 

Please let me know how to replicate and measure the signal you are producing so that I may test different pulse widths for you. 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

ark
Contributor I

Hi @Sabina_Bruce ,

Could you please give the instructions on how to get the "the enet_ptp1588 example provided in the SDK"? Currently I only have the example from the source code of AN12149SW.

Many thanks!

Ark

0 Kudos

hubo1
Contributor I

I achieve my application according to AN12149 documents. I donot change the  ENET_Ptp1588Configure function. I configure PPS through PTP timer Channel 3.I set 1588 clock cycle 40ns(freq = 25MHz) through ATINC.INC. I choose Timer mode 1111,namely Timer channel is configured for Output Compare-pulse output high on compare for 5 1588-clcok cycles(TPWC = 4).

0 Kudos