How to modify the PPS pulse width in the ENET module?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify the PPS pulse width in the ENET module?

hubo1
Contributor I

I am currently using the RT1064 platform. I output the 25MHZ Time-stamping Clock adopted by the PPS, and TPWC = 29, and the output pulse width is 30 1588-clock cycles, which is 1.2us. I now want to modify the frequency of ts_clk to increase the pulse width, but no matter how I change the frequency, the output pulse width is 1.2us without any change. I want to know if the PPS output pin has a restriction to limit the output value.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I checked the ENET_1588_EVENT0_OUT pin with below description:

ENET_1588_EVENT0_OUT has a programmable output width, see IOMUXC_GPR0[CLK_STRETCH], delayed one clock cycle in relation to all other EVENTx_OUT signals.

While the IOMUXC_GPR_GPR0 register is Reserved, which not opened to customer. That means output width is fixed, customer can not change that PPS output width.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

hubo1
Contributor I

I would like to ask if the ts_clk mentioned by INC in ENET_ATINC and the 1588-clock mentioned by TPWC in ENET_TCSR are the same clock? What is their relationship? Will the PPS pulse width change when I modify the value of INC?

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

First of all, sorry for later reply.

I got product team feedback: The clock stretch field is not available. Product team is working with document team to updated Ethernet chapter.

Thanks for the patience.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all for the later reply.

I will check with product team and update here when there with any feedback.

Thanks for the patience.

Mike

0 Kudos