How to measure USB performance in RT1050?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure USB performance in RT1050?

felix1
Contributor IV

Hi, 

I want to test the USB bandwidth in RT1050, from 

https://www.freesion.com/article/8561135712/#_263
has some information about it, but the attached files can not download anymore.

1) I need to setup the example to do USB test, is  SDK example evkbimxrt1050_dev_hid_mouse_freertos a suitable USB performance test example?

2) evkbimxrt1050_dev_hid_mouse_freertos has the "Interrupt In" only, how can I modify the example to have "Bulk Out" for USB performance test?

felix1_0-1678701688058.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @felix1 

I'll look into the link you share, however, any USB example could be usefull to do the performance test and I don't see a problem with the"Interrupt In" still I will see if there is any other example that aproaches to a bulk-out test.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

felix1
Contributor IV

Hi @Miguel04 ,

I need to make sure RT1050 USB can meet our project to capture physiological signal data, otherwise I need to change another MCU.

Any method to measure RT1050 USB performance is welcome.

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @felix1 

I've found that the dev_hid_mouse_bm example also works to test the USB, please look into application note AN13474 USB2.0 Certification Pre-test for i.MXRT Series.

Let me know if this helps you.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

felix1
Contributor IV

Hi,

AN13474 test method is too complex and need equipment like Oscilloscope Keysight DSOS604A.

For now I think write a C# AP (use LibUsbDotNet) to test RT1050 USB performance should be enough for our need.

0 Kudos