How to create ivt_flashloader.bin?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create ivt_flashloader.bin?

jasonedn
Contributor II

I imported the flashloader from RT1010 sdk and built the project without any change. Then I converted evkmimxrt1010_flashloader.axf into ivt_flashloader.bin with elftosb.exe. But it didn't work. The .bd file used in elftosb is attached.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jasonedn
Contributor II

Hello Jing,

Thanks for your reply. I built the project "evkmimxrt1010_flashloader" and create the flashloader binary, but it failed to run after downloading with sdphost.exe. It's simple to re-produced it on the RT1010EVK.

1. Build the project "evkmimxrt1010_flashloader".

2. Convert *.axf to *.bin

3. Download it onto SRAM with sdphost.exe

4. Jump to the application and it fails.

My question is how to make the built binary work. I made a new board with RT1010 and the JTAG didn't work so I want to use sdphost.exe to download this application to test. The original ivt_flashloader.bin from NXP did work when it's downloaded. But I want to add some debug information in the example project. But it didn't work even without any changes.

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jason,

Flashloader runs in RAM. It hasn't IVT or other head.

The BootROM solidified into the i.MX RT chip does not support programming the flash device and the eFuse register. For the two targets, ,n serial download mode the Flashloader image is downloaded to the i.MX RT internal RAM using SDPHost (communicates with the running BootROM) and takes over the device from the BootROM (by the jump-address command of SDPHost). Then it implements the program process (communicates with the blhost tool). 

Please see AN12238 for more detail.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos