How to convert "Link Application to RAM" program to boot from QSPI.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert "Link Application to RAM" program to boot from QSPI.

gh78731
Contributor III

Environment:
iMX RT1050 EVK B, restrapped for QSPI operation, in place of Hyperflash.
MCUXpresso IDE v11.2.1
Windows 10

I have a working application running as “Link Application to RAM”, but only while using the MCUXpresso IDE.

It is real-time intensive streaming signal processing, so must run as “Release”, not “Debug”. I need the speed from having the entire program execute from SRAM.  It is working with good timing margins.

How do I get from the working application running under  “Link Application to RAM” using the IDE, to generate a bootable image, and having the application boot from the QSPI and execute from ITC and DTC RAM?

Do I need to set it up as an XIP from QSPI for the initialization portion, then have all of the “run” code in SRAM-DTC and SRAM?

Is there an easier way?

Are there any special requirements with respect to initialization and location of the interrupt tables?

--- Graham

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, it seems that you want to relocate the whole application code to the internal RAM (ITCM or DTCM) prior to being executed. If my guess is right, it's a non-XIP load mode and to provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer to the post: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/Generating-a-Bootable-Image-for-the-RT1050/ta-p/...
to generate a non-XIP boot image.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos