How to build genavb-sdk-endpoint_avb-freertos_rt1052-3_3_5 for IMXRT-1050-EVKB AVB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build genavb-sdk-endpoint_avb-freertos_rt1052-3_3_5 for IMXRT-1050-EVKB AVB

usala
Contributor III

I want to be able to build genavb-sdk-endpoint_avb-freertos_rt1052-3_3_5 for IMXRT-1050-EVKB AVB demo using MCUXpresso for Windows?  I tried 'Import Project from file system' but there is no startup code to run from or debug.  How can I make genavb-sdk-endpoint_avb-freertos_rt1052-3_3_5 for IMXRT-1050-EVKB AVB a running and debug application?

Best regards,

Ulises

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
42 Replies

usala
Contributor III

Hi Gustavo,

I build and downloaded SDK 2.9.0 select all option to make sure everything is included as you had suggested and get the same build errors results.  See attachment.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Gustavo,

Good news.  I was able to build the code successfully this time by doing what you suggested and starting over clean slate.  This time I was very careful following the the instructions and aware of not using the 1170 but substituting with 1050.

As I mention before it is too bad you don't have a MCUXpresso project version of it I am going to try to build one based on the makefile.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hi Gustavo,

I have found a workaround for the PHY issue and I let Daniel know about it.  I used a Ethernet HUB to boost the signal and that seems to work.  The next step for me is to send the talker's sound through onto an automobile's amplifier.  I have followed the same procedure as when the talker sends the microphone's sound onto the listener.  I don't have access to the amplifier's stream ID but have the hw address.  The talker ID for the amp should be 0x00049f6ac5a80000 using MAC[3,4,5] at bytes 3,4,5.
based on amplifier's MAC : 00:50:C2:6A:C5:A8.

Here is the configuration based on information gathered from the sniffer.

AVB>>cd port0
AVB>>pwd
/port0
AVB>>write ip_addr 169.245.33.159
AVB>>write hw_addr 00:50:C2:6A:C5:A8
AVB>>write gw_addr 169.245.1.1
AVB>>cat ip_addr
AVB>>cat hw_addr
00:50:C2:6A:C5:A8

I am getting "port(0) stream_id(0000aabbccddeeff) MSRP_ATTR_TYPE_TALKER_FAILED MRP_ATTR_EVT_MT EGRESS_PORT_IS_NOT_AVB_CAPABLE"

I have attached a log capture from the talker.

Can you help?

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

I do not have the hardware to try to reproduce this scenario but as you mentioned Daniel is already working with our experts to assist you, so please do add these additional details on the original thread (adding the link below in case other community users can benefit from it) as it will help him continue the follow up.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Ethernet-cable-length-limited-to-lt-20-cm-on-IMXRT-1050...

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Gustavo,

I have sent the information to Daniel.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Gustavo,

What does the following message on the command line of the talker means?

"port(0) stream_id(0000aabbccddeeff) MSRP_ATTR_TYPE_TALKER_FAILED MRP_ATTR_EVT_MT EGRESS_PORT_IS_NOT_AVB_CAPABLE".  I get this message when I connect the talker to a auto Ethernet network using the stream_id of  the radio. The radio is disconnected and I and trying to spoof the radio with the eval kit's talker using the radio's stream id.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

I am not familiar with that specific use case but the EGRESS_PORT_IS_NOT_AVB_CAPABLE is a standard error which may be displayed temporarily while a network cable is disconnected; or it may be caused by part of the path from the talker to the listener is non-AVB capable. If you are connecting trough a Network, all intermediate bridges must be AVB capable so I would start making sure of that capability.

I hope that this helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Gustavo,

Thanks.  I will try your suggestions and let you know what I find.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hi Gustavo,

I think the problem is that I am using a non-AVB hub and hence the error of non AVB capable.

A separate question related to the Ethernet signal strength.  Is there a 1170 eval board (or whichever the other AVB capable board is that the eval FW works on) has no issues with the PHY \ cable lengths etc?

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

There is no information about any known issue related to the cable lengths on the i.MXRT1170 EVK so I wouldn’t expect any issues in that regard.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hi Gustavo,

We bought 2 MIMXRT1170 EVKs and I have been running into code build issues.  I followed the same steps in the instruction manual as I did successfully with the MIMXRT1050 but the errors persist.  I need help with this and posted messages and haven't head any responses back for NXP community.

Best regards, 

Ulises

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

My apologies for the lack of responses on your new thread. The process for the i.MXRT1170 should be very similar to that of the i.MXRT1050, but let me check your new thread and I will follow up there with my comments.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for your response.  Currently if I use as suggested in the manual export ARMGCC_DIR=~/gcc-arm-none-eabi-9-2020-q2-update I get fatal error: cannot execute 'cc1' execvp: No such file or directory. (See attachment capture).  If I use export ARMGCC_DIR=~/gcc-arm-none-eabi-9-2019-q4-major as in IMMXRT1050 I get Permission denied.  See capture attachment.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

I have updated your new thread. Let's follow up there as it's a different issue.

I'm adding the link for reference in case it helps other Community users.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Building-AVB-demo-app-for-IMXRT1170-stuck-1-building-under-Ubut...

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

I am very glad to hear that you were successful in building the code!

I agree that not having an MCUXpresso project version makes it harder to test the code and doesn’t allow to use the MCUXpresso IDE debugging capabilities. Hopefully this will be improved in the future.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

You mentioned that you reverted all the software changes. Did you perform a clean before running the build script?

If you did but the problem remains. I would recommend starting from scratch with the SDK extraction, patching and creation of the symbolic links required. I know it may be cumbersome, but it should be relatively easy now that you are familiar with the procedure and you do not run the risk being affected by an error from the previous installation.

I wouldn’t reinstall MCUXpresso  IDE nor the ARM GCC toolchain as it has not been changed, only the GenAVB SDK files and the SDK for the i.MXRT1050.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Hi Gustavo,

I tried and reverted the code changes.  The SDK I used.  Is the only v2.9.0 one available.  Release date 2021-01-15.  There is no REL_2.9.0_REL13_RFP_RC3_2 specifically available for download.  See attachment for details.  I reapplied the patch mcuxpresso-sdk-SDK_2.9.0_MIMXRT1170-EVK_rfp3_3_5.patch.  Then when I build I get errors. See screen capture on the attached file.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Gustavo,

Thank you for your research on this issue.  I will do your recommendations and report back to you with the outcome.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Gustavo,

Following up on my last message here is what I did for SDK1050.

The manual has:

The link to MCUXpresso SDK is created in the per board top directories:
$ cd ~/genavb-apps-freertos-3_3_5/boards/evkmimxrt1170
$ ln -s ~/SDK_2.9.0_MIMXRT1170-EVK_rfp mcu-sdk
The link to GENAVB/TSN SDK is created in the top directory:
$ cd ~/genavb-apps-freertos-3_3_5/
$ ln -s ~/genavb-sdk-endpoint_tsn-freertos_rt1176-3_3_5 gen_avb

I substituted with:

The link to MCUXpresso SDK is created in the per board top directories:
$ cd ~/genavb-apps-freertos-3_3_5/boards/evkmimxrt1050
$ ln -s ~/SDK_2.10.0_MIMXRT1050-EVK_rfp mcu-sdk
The link to GENAVB/TSN SDK is created in the top directory:
$ cd ~/genavb-apps-freertos-3_3_5/
$ ln -s ~/genavb-sdk-endpoint_tsn-freertos_rt1052-3_3_5 gen_avb

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

Yes, you are correct in that the error is that it cannot locate the file on the sources/path/directories is has available.

My apologies, the commands on that section of the User Guide asks you to check for the symbolic link, but it does not specify how to create them.

The requested file is part of the i.MXRT1050-EVKB SDK, which needs to be accessible. Please download the 2.8.2 SDK from the MCUXpresso SDK Builder (link below) if you haven’t and extract it as it’s shown in the SDK Installation section of the User Guide. The user guide may be confusing in this regard as it may show these steps only for one board and not all supported boards. You need to extract the zip file in the home directory.

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select

On the example applications setup section of the User Manual there are instructions on how to extract the GenAVB SDK tar ball as well as how to create the symbolic links to the MCUXpresso SDK and the GenAVB SDK as to allow all required dependencies. If you have already installed the SDK please look for these commands as you need to create a symbolic link to the SDK from the GenAVB board directory. In your case it would be something like:

$ cd ~/genavb-apps-freertos-3_3_5/boards/evkmimxrt1150

$ ln -s ~/ SDK_2.8.2_EVKB-IMXRT1050 mcu-sdk

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

usala
Contributor III

Gustavo,

Thanks for your response.  I did the rework on the boards as suggested in the rework manual I was also successful in downloading the binary images to each of the boards.  Using a 6 inch Ethernet cable the link now comes up. I get a solid green LED and the yellow LED blinks indicating data is TX/RX across the link. The use of a shorter cable is also mentioned in the documentation.  However I do not get sound from the microphone in the talker across to the listener’s headphone.  I have included  a file showing the talker and another file for the listener configurations.  I accidentally took out resistors R228, R234, R232 and R229 and then realized that this rework is for the IMX RT1170 and not the RT1150.  I don’t have the schematic so I don’t know the values of the resistor in order to replace them.  Can you help me?

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos