How to Update sln-alexa-iot with default Binarys?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Update sln-alexa-iot with default Binarys?

marcelbässler
Contributor III

Hi I got a sln-alexa-iot Kit. I got some errors and the audio output is not complete. 

I think I need an update of the used software. 

The Kit is one of the first batch. 

I downloaded the Default Binaries for SLN-ALEXA-IOT Kit (REV 2.8.0 )

How can I burn the board. I cant find any description. 

THX

Marcel 

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

There is an SWD port on the backside so that you may connect an external debugger.

You may refer to section 4.4 of the developer's guide for more details on programming the kit.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Netanel
Contributor I

Hi, 

I am also trying to flash the dev kit with the default binaries but I am not finding any information about it in the Migration guide and Developer guide.

Would you be able to help out with this issue ?

Looking forward to hearing from you

KR

Netanel

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Hope you are well. Could you please elaborate on what you are having trouble with? The default binaries are provided in the link in this thread. The steps to be able to program the kit are in the above developer's guide in section 4. 

Are you not able to flash the board successfully? 

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Netanel
Contributor I

Hi Sabina, 

Thanks for your reply, 

I have downloaded the latest default binaries from the link.

I went over the developers guide but I am not able to understand section 4 clearly on how to flash the default binaries without building the SDK project. I tried flashing but I wasn't successful. 

KR

Netanel

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Netanel,

What debugger are you using to flash the kit? Are you getting any errors?

BR,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Netanel
Contributor I

Hi Sabina, 

I am using the Segger J-Link Edu Mini. I am not getting any errors.

I just don't know how to flash the default binaries into the dev kit without building the project and what address to use. 

Would you be able to help me with this via remote access ? 

BR 

Netanel

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Netanel,

Having the binaries, you do not need to build the projects again. Using the Flash GUI tool as described in the developer's guide, you can select a file to program from your desktop. 

For the different sections, certificates and toolboxes the addresses are provided in the guide. 

I'd recommend that you follow the guide step by step even if downloading the projects from the SDK, so you can make sure that you are using the Flash GUI tool correctly as well as the addresses that correspond to each part of the application. Then if you want to try just using the binaries provided, then you may by only selecting the file from your desktop. 

Our online support is based on this medium and unfortunately, I cannot provide remote support.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Netanel
Contributor I

Hi Sabina, 

I just went over the complete developers guide and tried flashing the default binaries but it is just not working. I am not getting any errors and I have made sure that I am using the correct addresses. But I just don't know what to do now as I think I tried everything and it is not working. 

Can you please advise on what could be done in this matter. 

BR 

Netanel

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Netanel,

Could you please provide more details as to what is not occurring? I am assuming that you are flashing the project as stated in the developer's guide and the application is not working as expected?

Can you provide the version number of the SDK and the IDE. Also if you can provide screenshots of what your IDE looks like when the project is built and flashed on the kit. 

BR,

Sabina

0 Kudos

Netanel
Contributor I

Hi Sabina, 

After flashing the board, it is supposed to work by blinking blue and red LEDs. by using the default binaries but nothing is happening only the green power LED is showing and also no device COM port is being shown in the device manager.

I am using the SDK 2.8.0 default binaries from the link above and the MCUXpresso IDE v11.2.0_4120. I am not building any projects just using the GUI flash tool and selecting the binary .bin file and flashing that to the board. I have flashed all 7 binary files by order as per the developer's guide. 

Best Regards

Netanel

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you please try the developers guide step by step suing the projects and building them as stated in the guide. To discard that there may be anything wrong with the binaries. Please let me know your results. 

BR,

Sabina

0 Kudos

seandutoit
Contributor II

Hi Sabina

I am having the same problems with the SLN-ALEXA-IOT development kit.

I am using MCUXpresso IDE V11.7.1 and a J-Link Edu-Mini programmer. I downloaded the SDK from the website and They all compile. The Dev kit used to work before I tried to program it with "Blinky".

Now I cannot even get the original software loaded using GUI Flash tool and the downloaded Binaries.

When I connect the Power Cable, I only get the Green LED(lower left) to light up and the Virtual serial port has also disappeared.

Please help Urgently. I am having programming problems with my custom board and I wanted to compare behaviour between the boards as I am using the same processor on my custom board as the one on this dev kit.

I urgently need support.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos