cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Debugg from SDRAM in imxRT1176

venkataddagatla
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on the Imxrt1176 eval board. We recently ported our MQX C++ Project to FREERTOS . Here, I wanted to do debug from SDRAM, I am using MCU expresso IDE. I prepared the debug script to initialize the SDRAM. I am using the Open SDA port for debugging. I can see the breakpoint hitting main after a few minutes where the launching of debugging session halts at 97%  then hits to the main. But after hitting to main I cannot do step debugging(step in). And also there are no class objects are created. 

Kindly let me know if there are any other settings to be done to make successful debugging from SDRAM with openSDA and Jlink.

Kindly review the script files attached for Jlink and opendsda.

Kindly address it early.

Regards,

Venkat Addagatla

@kerryzhou @paullaroide @farid_mabrouk 

0 Kudos
8 Replies

venkataddagatla
Contributor II

Still, i don't see the Jlink script file in the newly downloaded SDK. It is there with you, kindly share it.

venkataddagatla_0-1631521836121.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @venkataddagatla ,

Please check my side:

kerryzhou_0-1631524507661.png

Anyway, I attach it.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @venkataddagatla ,

Do you have tested the SDK code, use the JLINK to debug in the SDRAM, whether that is OK or not?

SDK code already contains: evkmimxrt1170_connect_cm4_cm7side.jlinkscript

In the JLINKscript, it configure the SDRAM at first, to the debug mode in SDRAM, it also need the script to initialize the SDRAM at first, please try it on your side.

I use the SDK code and test it with JLINK, it works OK.

So, you also can follow me to test the SDK led_blinky code with the JLINK debugger at first, then after it works, you can use your mqx porting code.

kerryzhou_2-1631175814433.png

kerryzhou_1-1631175807265.png

kerryzhou_3-1631175839504.png

kerryzhou_4-1631175870241.png

The JLINK script can be found from this link:

SDK_2_10_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1170\demo_apps\led_blinky\cm7\evkmimxrt1170_connect_cm4_cm7side.jlinkscript

Please try it on your side.

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

venkataddagatla
Contributor II

yes, I will check I get you back for the Jlink script in the SDK.

Before that, my query is how to debug from SDRAM, here from the pics that you have shared that has BOARD_FLASH as a default memory. It means it is debugging from Flash and not from SDRAM.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @venkataddagatla ,

my laster reply picture 3, select link application to RAM, that already set the code to the secondary one sdram. This is the special good function in the MCUXPresso IDE.

You also can check the build image, the code is in the SDRAM, you even see my debug result, the code is in the sdram.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

venkataddagatla
Contributor II

I have checked in the SDK I couldn't find the Jlink script in the cm7 folder. Kindly can you share the script file here?

venkataddagatla_0-1631515810231.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @venkataddagatla ,

Your SDK is old, please use the newest sdk SDK2.10.0:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

nxbg
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

I download evkmimxrt1170_connect_cm4_cm7side.jlinkscript from your previous attachment inside this topic, but actually the newest 2.10.1 SDK does not have this file actually(I extract the SDK file and search this file but got nothing).

Another problem about this script is that, after download application by following your guide, everything works fine, but if we stop application then click restart(Used very frequencely when we are debugging), then nothing happened, so we need to download again.

nxbg_1-1638187794075.png

Could you help to check a little bit about this small issue?

Thanks & Best Regards,

0 Kudos