How do I recover a bricked mx 1052 dev kit?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I recover a bricked mx 1052 dev kit?

william_lyons
Contributor III

Similar to https://community.nxp.com/thread/502347 I flashed an image to my dev kit and now the debugger (j-link pro) cannot reprogram it.  Unlike prior times this happened to me, toggling the dip switches in SW7 seems to have no effect and I am unable to either erase the hyperflash or push down a new image.  Following the thread above I ran the J-Link commander and tried to connect to the dev kit, both with the switches in the "up" position (1,1,1,1) and in the "down" position (0,1,1,0) and both times I got errors, but interestingly enough it was a different error.

With the switches "up" I got all the way to the line about D-Cache L1:  32KB... and then got the message "****** Error: Could not find core in Coresight setup".

With the switches "down" I get to the same spot, but the error this time is "****** Error: DAP error while reading AIRCR"

The GUI flash tool just says "Command failed with exit code 1" when I try to erase the flash.

I am running the board using an external "wall-wart" power supply (noticed issues in the past using the USB connection) and have tried both with and without the debug USB cable connected to the board.

Help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Will, 

Could you please attached a photo of your board so I can see that this behavior is not caused by a wrong configuration of the jumpers? 

When you use J-Link commander, are you selecting SWD or JTAG to communicate with the RT? 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos

william_lyons
Contributor III

So I can't take a picture of it, but I've copied a screenshot from the EVKB User's Guide and annotated it.  I've also confirmed that all of the other jumpers shown in that image (page 4) of the PDF match my board with the exception of the jumper on J1 is moved from the middle pair to the topmost pair since I am powering from an external supply using J2.BootSwitches.png

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Will, 

Thanks for the additional information. Could you please follow the steps mentioned in the attached pdf file? Before doing this you need to return J1 to the default position (middle pair). Let me know the results of this. 

Additional to that, you mentioned that at some point you supplied the power through J2, do you have the specs of the power supply that you used that you can share with me? 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos