How can use the HyperRAM and Qual SPI Flash in i.MXRT1052?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can use the HyperRAM and Qual SPI Flash in i.MXRT1052?

Jump to solution
deega_jung
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

I would like to inquire about the FlexSPI interface of MXRT1052.

Due to lack of GPIO, we are considering changing the SDRAM to FlexRAM.

1. Is there no problem when using it as shown in the following case?

- Flash : Quad SPI Flash with FlexSPI_A(with FlexSPI_A 4-bit data)

- RAM : HperRAM(e.g. S27KS0641DPBHI023)(total 8-bit data with FlexSPI_A 4-bit and FlexSPI_B 4-bit)

2. If not, how can we use FlexRAM and QSPI Flash together?

3. And, is there any problem with LCD display(800*480*16bit) when changing SDRAM to FlexRAM?

Regards,

Deega

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Does the RT1052 product have only one FlexSPI controller, so it is difficult to use FlexFlash and FlexRAM together?
If so, should I connect the FlexRAM using the RT1060 product with built-in Flash?
-- Yes, it's more difficult and complex for RT1050 to connect a QSPI and Hyperflash simultaneously than RT1060, as the RT1060 has two FlexSPI modules.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @deega_jung ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is there no problem when using it as shown in the following case?
- Flash : Quad SPI Flash with FlexSPI_A(with FlexSPI_A 4-bit data)
-- Yes, it's available, however, it can't access the HyperRAM via the AHB bus, further, the FlexSPI driver needs to relocate the internal RAM.
2) And, is there any problem with the LCD display(800*480*16bit) when changing SDRAM to FlexRAM?
-- Just like I said before, this design limits to access the HyperRAM via the AHB bus, which means it's impossible to define an array or variable in the HyperRAM directly, it definitely adds code complexity to write or read data from the HyerRAM.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
deega_jung
Contributor III

Hi TIC,

Thank you for your reply, I've a further question.

At your mention by the "it can't access the HyperRAM via the AHB bus",

Does RT1052 product have only one FlexSPI controller, so it is difficult to use FlexFlash and FlexRAM together?
If so, should I connect the FlexRAM using RT1060 product with built-in Flash?

Thanks,

Deega

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Does the RT1052 product have only one FlexSPI controller, so it is difficult to use FlexFlash and FlexRAM together?
If so, should I connect the FlexRAM using the RT1060 product with built-in Flash?
-- Yes, it's more difficult and complex for RT1050 to connect a QSPI and Hyperflash simultaneously than RT1060, as the RT1060 has two FlexSPI modules.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
deega_jung
Contributor III

Hi TIC,

Thank you for your support.

Thanks,

Deega

Tags (1)
0 Kudos