Has anyone successfully gotten the MCUXpresso-generated audio class 2.0 to work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfully gotten the MCUXpresso-generated audio class 2.0 to work?

caleb
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm attempting to do a simple Audio Class 2.0 implementation on the i.MX RT 101x.  (1011 and 1062 specifically).  I'm trying to go from from the auto-generated code, rather than the demos so I can take advantage of the code generation tools.  

It seems that the generated USB audio 2 differs substantially from the samples available in the SDK.  The Samples in the SDK work, but are hand-crafted.

What I'm currently missing is that I don't get any callbacks for the USB OUT packets when attempting to create a speaker, or a unified (bidirectional) device.  The packets are sent across the USB bus just fine, but they don't appear anywhere in the call stack that I can discern.  

I can't find any real documentation on how to use the USB audio stack.  This is the closest I've found: https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-Config-Tools/USB-Audio-Class-Tutorial/ta-p/1344785, but unfortunately, it's for an old SDK, and doesn't exactly apply to the latest SDK (2.11).  

I'd love to see a working example of a bidirectional audio device that uses the MCUXpresso Peripherals configuration tool.   Any idea how to make that go?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

caleb
Contributor III

The lack of documentation and inconsistency of the SDK examples with the current SDK generated code is kind of madding. 

I'm sure somebody from NXP has used the auto-generated code, right?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @caleb ,

I'm sorry that there isn't such a new example project. You can refer to the "USB Audio Class Tutorial" you found. Although the SDK has upgrade to 2.11, the config tool doesn't change much. The SDK has support UAC 2.0 for a long time. 

In order to facilitate the automatic code generation, the code generated by tool seems different with the example. But their drive and USB stack is same. And you'll find their code structure is similar. 

The device_composite_hid_audio example is enumerated as a playback and recording device. You can refer to it when debug.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

mrecoskie
Contributor III

Hi Caleb,

I'm currently experiencing the same thing.  There are no working examples created using the Perpheral Tools that I am aware of.

Mark

0 Kudos