Has anyone converted frdmk28f_flexio_mcu_lcd example to IMXRT?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone converted frdmk28f_flexio_mcu_lcd example to IMXRT?

jackking
Senior Contributor I

There is an SDK example for the K28 that uses parallel FlexIO output with DMA to control an LCD display.

I am trying to configure this exact scenario on an IMXRT1052, but I am having trouble getting the FlexIO parallel data pins to output anything.

Has anyone converted or attempted to convert this example?

I have attached the code from that example (for MCUXpresso IDE).

I'll post my modified example if I get it working.

Also referenced in this old thread:  When will "FlexIO driver for LCD(8080/6800)" be released in RT1050 SDK?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jack,

The RT1052 comes with an enhanced Liquid Crystal Display Interface (LCDIF). This is why the SDK for the RT1052 doesn't come with an example of how to control an LCD using FlexIO.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jackking
Senior Contributor I

As far as I can tell, the eLCDIF driver does not support MPU mode, which the mcu_lcd driver does.

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jack,

I understand that part, but unfortunately, there aren't plans to migrate this example to the i.MXRT. Sorry for the inconvenience that this might cause.

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

jackking
Senior Contributor I

Here is my modified version for IMXRT...  although it isn't working.

I have removed the i2c touch support, and ripped out some of the picture handing logic.

I used the MCUXpresso pin config tool to set up the GPIO for CS, RS and FlexIO pins for WR, RD and data pins with 8-bit bus width.

For the DMA config I'm not sure what is correct for FlexIO2, I used:

#define DEMO_DMA DMA0
#define DEMO_DMAMUX DMAMUX

/* Macros for LCD EDMA. */
#define DEMO_FLEXIO_TX_DMA_CHANNEL 0
#define DEMO_FLEXIO_RX_DMA_CHANNEL 1
#define DEMO_FLEXIO_TX_DMA_REQUEST (kDmaRequestMuxFlexIO2Request0Request1)
#define DEMO_FLEXIO_RX_DMA_REQUEST (kDmaRequestMuxFlexIO2Request2Request3)‍‍‍‍‍
0 Kudos

CktDesigner
Contributor IV

Hi Jack,   I'm facing a similar problem.  I'm trying to use FLEXIO2 to output parallel data and was advised to use the flexio_mcu_lcd example as a guide.  (I initially tried to use the Config Tools to set things up, but I believe there is a bug in the Config tools.)     So now I'm using a combination of the Config Tools to create some info, but using "manual" code to set up other things.

My application compiles, but I don't get any output from FLEXIO2 pins and am having trouble figuring out how to debug this.

Did you get this to work?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos