Frame sync duration longer than one frame word?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame sync duration longer than one frame word?

Jump to solution
giuseppescarpi
Contributor III

Hello fellows engineers, I have a question about SAI ports in the RT1051 MCU - possibly related with other i.MX products.

The reference manual states that "The sync width cannot be configured longer than the first word of the frame".

So if I have four words of same length, I must configure frame sync to be 25% of the total. With eight words, I need to reduce to 12.5%.

In a custom board, there is an external clock with frame sync width set to 50%. I have no control on this clock.

Unfortunately I still don't have the hardware to perform a test. So the question is: when the SAI is used in slave mode, and the frame sync width violates the directive of the documentation, does anything bad happens?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

You must meet this requirement even if you are using the RT as a slave. When it does not comply with it, we cannot ensure the proper functionality of the module at any level.

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

You must meet this requirement even if you are using the RT as a slave. When it does not comply with it, we cannot ensure the proper functionality of the module at any level.

Have a great day,

Victor

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos