cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexcan interfacing using example code

emb01_jtronix
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using MIMXRT1020-EVK board and interfacing this board with another board using CAN. for testing purpose  I am using driver example flexcan_interrupt_transfer available in SDk example. when I start debugging code I can see it is not entering in interrupt routine, so TX function not being called and transmission not taking place. I am using different EVK board ,Do i need to use same EVK board ? and if it is not possible to use same EVK board what should I do to transmit and receive data using flexcan driver example?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi emb01_jtronix,

Masmiseim's checking is valuable.

1. you need to check your LPC side, whether it has the CAN transceiver or not. 

2. You need to check two board is using the same bitrate in the CAN bus

3. If you don't have two MIMXRT1020-EVK board, you also can use another CAN NODE, take an example, the PC CAN testing tool with the CAN Analyzer tool, this tool will be another CAN node, and can send or receive data from your RT1020-EVK board.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

Masmiseim
Senior Contributor I

Hello emb01_jtronix,

could you describe your hardware setup?

Which Board are you using beside the MIMXRT1020-EVK? Are you accessing the CAN-Bus via J10 on the MIMXRT1020-EVK?

Regards

0 Kudos

emb01_jtronix
Contributor II

I am using LPC1788 and yes I am accessing CAN bus via J10.

0 Kudos

Masmiseim
Senior Contributor I

Hello emb01_jtronix,

just some ideas:

• Do you use also a CAN-Phy on the LPC1788 side?
  • Termination Resistor is set?
  • Same baudrate?
  • Have you checked the CAN-Bus with an Oscilloscope/Logic-Analyser/CAN-Sniffer?
  • Does the LPC1788 receive a message?
  • Does the LPC1788 set the ACK-Flag?

Regards

0 Kudos