FlexSPI LUT READ_SDR & DATSZ_SDR clarification

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexSPI LUT READ_SDR & DATSZ_SDR clarification

gavin5342
Contributor III

READ_*DR / WRITE_*DR - the manual says that the size will be read from the burst on the AHB bus if accessed through AHB and from IPCR1[IDATSZ] if accessed through an IP command.  Does that mean the operand in the LUT is ignored for READ_* and WRITE_* instructions?

DATASZ_* - Am I right to say this command will transmit IPCR1[IDATSZ] in the case of an IP command or the AHB burst size for AHB and the operand works in a similar way to RADDR_* where the operand controls the number of bits of DATASZ to be transmitted?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gavin5342
Contributor III

Thanks for the confirmation on READ & WRITE.

The DATASZ instruction is listed in table 27-4, IMXRT1050RM (opcode = 6'h0B).

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @gavin5342 ,

Thank you in advance for contacting NXP support.

In the reference manual is mentioned that FlexSPI controller implements a programmable sequence engines that is being executed from the LUT, and in the instruction set the READ_*DR and WRITE_*DR can be used and are not ignored the only thing is that the byte number (data size) is determined by AHB or IPCR command.

And regarding the other question can you please help me with the DATASZ I can nor find this command in the reference manual.

Also please let me know if you have any other question, I will be glad to assist you.

0 Kudos