Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexRAM in RT1010 with 0KB-DTCM

Jump to solution
emdev
Contributor III

Hi expert,

I want to use ITCM for NOR related codes and increase SRAM for more large data.

OC is essential so I try to use OC as main SRAM and to increase OC size from 64KB to 96KB.

In this case DTCM size must be 0KB.

I refer below links.

- AN12077.pdf

- https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/Reallocating-the-FlexRAM/ta-p/1117649

- https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-IDE/Flexram-in-rt1010-with-0KB-ITCM/m-p/1080487

I tested with below environments.

- Project: evkmimxrt1010_iled_blinky

- MCUXpresso IDE v11.3.1 [Build 5262] [2021-04-02]

- SDK 2.9.1 (440 2021-01-20)

I'm sorry that there are many Q&A for FlexRAM but I can't find solution.

Please check below questions.

1. In ResetISR(), how I handle below code when I use SRAM memory reconfiguration codes?

__asm volatile ("MSR MSP, %0" : : "r" (&_vStackTop) : );

2. After change codes, there is no problem in compile. (with or without vStackTop)

So I try to change Properties -> C/C++ Build -> MCU settings.

But when I change memory size, "Apply" and "Apply and close" is inactivated.

(e.g.  DTCM size 32KB -> 0KB and I can see below messages

(MCUXpresso IDE:2869): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:48:01.801: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar)

Would you check it?

3. I checked BOARD_ConfigMPU() but there is no ARM_MPU_REGION_SIZE_96KB.

Do I use ARM_MPU_REGION_SIZE_128KB?

4. I follow exactly with https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-IDE/Flexram-in-rt1010-with-0KB-ITCM/m-p/1080487.

With or without connect script change, I can compile and download images and led blinking is operating.

And I can check GPR14, GPR16, GPR17 is changed correctly with peripheral view.

But memory configuration is not changed, and I'm not sure this is correct or not.

5. I can change SRAM size when I modify .cproject with erasing all SRAM_DTCM related codes and change size of SRAM_OC.

In this case I can download but error at 0xFFFFFFFFC error.

In this case connect script which is original or modified have no difference.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you refer to the post which demonstrates how to reconfigure the whole FlexRAM as SRAM_OC without being allocated to ITCM and DTCM,
it needs to modify the flash driver actually.
So please refer to it for details.

Have a great day,

TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you refer to the post which demonstrates how to reconfigure the whole FlexRAM as SRAM_OC without being allocated to ITCM and DTCM,
it needs to modify the flash driver actually.
So please refer to it for details.

Have a great day,

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos