cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexIO limitation of RT1010

manuel_iglesias
Contributor II

Hi,

Can someone explain me better the limitation of FlexIO on Note in section 41 of the RM. 

It says it is not possible to shift and store on the same cycle? 

Is this a limitation of RT1010 only?

For instance, does the K80 kinetics series FlexIO have the same limitation? (I don't think so but want to check with NXP)

Is there any plan to have a new silicon release that fix this limitation?

Will appreciate a response,

Thanks,

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manuel, 

Is this a limitation of RT1010 only?

This is a limitation of the FlexIO module not of the RT. 

For instance, does the K80 kinetics series FlexIO have the same limitation? (I don't think so but want to check with NXP)

The FlexIO module on the RT families was inherited from the Kinetis families, so this limitation of the module is also present in these families. 

Is there any plan to have a new silicon release that fix this limitation?

As mentioned in the first question, this is not a limitation of the RT but the module. So, there aren't any plans to "fix" this limitation on future releases of the RT. 

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

manuel_iglesias
Contributor II

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your response,

I am glad to see that there is no limitation compare to K80 since I have an application that uses K80 and we want to migrate to RT series, but just to confirm, can you point me where this statement is documented for the K80 series, Is not that I don't trust your words, but I then have totally miss that point. Anyway our application works as expected, I just don't want to find any issue down the road because of migration. 

Will appreciate your response,

Manuel

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manuel, 

I checked with the design team directly and they confirmed that this limitation is also present on the K80, but unfortunately, there isn't any documentation that details this explicitly. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you. 

Regards, 

Victor