Ping

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ping,

The i.MXRT1024 EVK SDK for MCUXpresso IDE does have a flashloader example. You may install the SDK from inside MCUXpresso IDE or download the SDK from the following website:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select

Once you have imported this example, you may find a readme under the doc folder with some information about how to use it.

I hope that this helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

ping1
Contributor V

Thanks for reply, Gustavo

I probably ask wrong question, I am looking for mfgTool for RT1024, basically looking for factory manufacturer tool for RT1024. Several month ago, I got it after downloaded Flashloader_RT1064.zip, I wonder whether there is a equivalent one for RT1024? or does it apply to all RTs? Basically, looking for ma

Regards!

Ping

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ping,

I haven’t seen the manufacturer tool been updated for more i.MXRT devices, but I would recommend checking the MCU Boot Flasher (link below) as it allows you to download an image to the i.MXRT board by using the Serial Downloader mode.

https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootFlasher

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

ping1
Contributor V

Thanks, Gustavo

The MCU_BootUtility/Flasher  connects with EVK_RT1064, but it doesn't connect to my EVK_RT1024. It doesn't power up from the USB OTG from day new, I am not sure why. But if I power it from Debug USB, it connect to NXP Secure Provision Tool.

Is the Tool suitable for manufacturer?

Regards!

Ping

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ping,

The manufacturing tool is available as part of the i.MXRT1024 SDK. You may find it on the following path:

<SDK> \middleware\mcu-boot\bin\Tools\mfgtools-rel\

If you download the SDK from the MCUXpresso builder, please make sure to add the MCU-Boot middleware.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

ping1
Contributor V

Thanks, Gustavo

Found the tool, followed instructions, downloaded blhost and put it like this here:

blhost unzippedblhost unzipped

However, the elftosb tool is not included in the middleware, so I copied it from flashloader RT1064, and use following command to make .ivt_flashloader.bin  : 

> elftosb.exe -f imx -V -c imx-dtcm-unsigned.bd -o flashloader.bin evkmimxrt1024_flashloader.srec

it ends up two .bins and I renamed first one as ivt_flashloader.bin and put it under \Profiles\MXRT102X\OS Firmware\

Also renamed iLed_Blink.bin as boot_image.bin and put it same folder as above - it is compiled with XIP header. Now I got following error message when I try MfgTool2.exe :

ping1_1-1616068310622.png

"Boot" body="BootStrap" error, file="D:\WORK\NXP1024Projects\RT1024EVK_mcu-boot\bin\Tools\mfgtools-rel\Profiles\MXRT102X\OS Firmware\ivt_flashloader.bin"

looks like something wrong with the ivt_flashloader.bin?

Could help please?

Regards! sorry so many details to read.

Ping

0 Kudos