cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash to SD card using MCUExpresso in i.MXRT EVK

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi ,

I need to boot the i.MXRT1050 from SD card. The boot switch is changed to SD card.

Can anyone tell me the steps to flash the binaried to SD card using MCUXresso?

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjalik,

MCUXpresso does not provide support to download applications to SD card.

Please go to www.nxp.com/imxrt > SOFTWARE & TOOLS > Programmers (Flash, etc.) > Flashloader i.MX-RT1050 

i.MX MCU Manufacturing User's Guide describes generation of bootable image for i.MX MCU devices and program it  into the external flash including SD card.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi ,

I converted the afx output file from MCUexpresso  into .bin file and then used to elftosb utility to generate the sb file.

As per the user manual the sb file was copied to mfgtool and flashed with evk set to serial downloader mode. The flashing was succesfull. I set the EVK board to SD card boot mode but nothng seems to be working. 

When I went throught the SD card flashing procedures using IAR IDE, the start vector table should be changed to 0x0002000.  How can I make similiar change in MCUXpresso?  

Any guidelines to flash to ouput file from MCUXpresso to SD card using  Flash Loader ?

0 Kudos