Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First loading of RT1064 and LPC4322JET100 chip

Jump to solution
SM_98
Contributor I

hello,

I have a custom board designed based on RT1064 EVK. It has RT1064 chip and LPC4322JET100 chip. I have loaded the bootloader (https://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/bsdl/lpc4322_bl_crc_20180810.bin) and firmware (https://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/bsdl/lpc4322__mimxrt1064_evk_if_crc_20180810.bin) using the GUI Flash Tool. Tool shows loaded successfully. Then I am trying to load and debug RT1064 Hello World program and it loads successfully but I am not able to debug. Same steps work successfully on RT1064 EVK.

Are there any steps or guide that explains how to load the LPC432JET100 and RT1064 chip for first boot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
After programming the bootloader to the LPC4322, please follow the below steps to upload the application image.

2021-01-18_16-29-17.png
If it still doesn't work, you can use Flash Magic to read the programmed images in LPC4322 on your board and the MIMXRT1064 board for making a comparison.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
After programming the bootloader to the LPC4322, please follow the below steps to upload the application image.

2021-01-18_16-29-17.png
If it still doesn't work, you can use Flash Magic to read the programmed images in LPC4322 on your board and the MIMXRT1064 board for making a comparison.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
SM_98
Contributor I

I was able to load bootloader and flash image and its working..

0 Kudos
SM_98
Contributor I

Can you point out the steps to program the bootloader of LPC4322?

The board is not booting in Bootloader mode when started by keeping reset button pressed.

I also tried Flash Magic by connecting using PEmicro debugger but the interface does not get detected.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
1) Can you point out the steps to program the bootloader of LPC4322?
-- In my experience, I'd like to suggest to use either J-Flash Lite or J-Flash to program the BIN file to MCU via the J-link tool.

jeremyzhou_0-1611040650424.png

2) I also tried Flash Magic by connecting using PEmicro debugger but the interface does not get detected.
-- It needs to force the MCU to enter ISP mode prior to establish the connection with the Flash Magic. And about the ISP mode, I think you'd better learn it by referring to the RM.
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos