Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update using Flash remapping

Jump to solution
prashant_humbre
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using i.MX RT1064. I am developing a Firmware Update feature into my project.

For this, I want to use Flash remapping feature and also my requirement is to store the previous image in the flash as it is as a backup till I receive 3rd image.

I have read these documents: 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12240.pdf

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12255.pdf

Issue:

I am storing my images at the addresses as follows

Image 1: Address 1 = 0x70008000

Image 2: Address 2 = 0x70204000

I am able to remap Image 2 on address 1 successfully.

My observation is, I am able to see the Image 2 data on Address 1 in memory window of MCU Expresso. Also, I checked that, Image 1 data is not erased, it is there on Address 1 physically. I checked this data using NXP-MCUBootUtility (External Flash read tool).

Now when I want to receive 3rd image and want to store it at address 1(as it is not getting used physically) while my Image 2 is running, I cannot store it.

I am using flexspi_nor_flash_page_program() API to store the image on the addresses. But it is giving me status error as 7001.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prashant Humbre ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, after the remap operation success, image 2 runs well, however it encounters an error when using flexspi_nor_flash_page_program() API to overwrite a new image to the image1's area, is it right?
If yes, I was wondering if you can share the demos which can replicate the phenomenon and it can help me to figure it out.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prashant Humbre ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, after the remap operation success, image 2 runs well, however it encounters an error when using flexspi_nor_flash_page_program() API to overwrite a new image to the image1's area, is it right?
If yes, I was wondering if you can share the demos which can replicate the phenomenon and it can help me to figure it out.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

prashant_humbre
Contributor II

Hey Thanks jeremyzhou,

It was working fine for me.

0 Kudos
kingchen2019
Contributor I

Can you share your code?

0 Kudos