cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update in i.MX RT1060

arunmuthuganesh
Contributor I

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to develop an UVC+HID camera using RT1060. This camera will be used in i.MX7 platform. We are trying to design a firmware update method.

High level design of Firmware Update Method is shown in the flow chart below.,

pastedImage_1.png

In the above method, Using DFU example firmware and dfu-utils application we can write the firmware in SPI Flash.

Requirement :

My guess is that we need to use the Serial Download Protocol (SDP) commands to write the firmware in RAM and start executing it. If I am correct, To "Load the DFU Firmware in RAM" please share the source code of application to write in RAM memory and start executing it. (Like the dfu-utils application to write in SPI Flash)

Thanks,

Arun Muthuganesh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arun,

Do you want the DFU example run in SRAM? You can set in properties->settings->Managerd linker script->Link application to RAM.

Then please read AN12238 page 12 to get how to use sdphost to download application to RAM and RUN.

Regards,

Jing 

0 Kudos

arunmuthuganesh
Contributor I

Dear Jing,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I referred the AN12238 document. With sdhhost, I am able to run the Firmware in RAM. We need to integrate this feature in our Firmware Update application which require source code of sdphost.

Since we are developing a Firmware Update application for i.MX7 or Linux Platform, we need a source code which would help us in downloading the Application to RAM. If you can provide the source code for spdhost application, it would be much more helpful. So that we could cross compile the application and make it work in i.MX7 platform.

The i.MX RT1060 Processor Reference Manual document has bootloader HID commands. These commands is used by the Host application to communicate with bootloader using HID interface. sdphost must have communicated with Bootloader with the help of HID commands. So if we have the source code of sdphost or similar application, we can write our own code to flash the program in RAM.

Thanks,

Arun Muthuganesh

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can find sdphost source code in SDK_2.7.0_EVK-MIMXRT1060\middleware\mcu-boot\tools\tools\sdphost\sdphost.

Regards,

Jing