Fails to detect hardware Eval bord i.mx RT1050 using IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fails to detect hardware Eval bord i.mx RT1050 using IDE

ram_ald
Contributor II

Using the i.MX RT1050 EVAL board for last one year, surprisingly last week, MCUExpresso IDE not detecting the hardware EVAL board. Getting RedlinkServerException error and fails to debug/detect the hardware.

Tried a new version of IDE and updated all drivers. Also tried with a new board with a sample demo application (hello world). But not resolved. Attached is the error. 

Please guide us to resolve the target discovery issue on IDE

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

ram_ald
Contributor II

Re-attempted as per procedure given below for firmware update "k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_hyper_if_crc.bin"

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/12/16/mcuxpresso-ide-v10-1-0-with-i-mx-rt1052-crossover-processor/

After update, reverted the J27 as 2-3 from 1-2.

Got struct with Probes discovered window for a long time as attached. 

Please advise else the entire work halts without any progress.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
After updating the firmware, please check the DAPLink CMSIS-DAP whether show up under Devices/Printers in Window when plugging the board.
Secondly, you can try to break off the previous debug action, then
reimport the demo project and click the debug icon to debug again.
Last, did you ever try the second trick that I mentioned before? If not, give a try.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
It seems a bit weird, maybe you can try to do the test with another PC.
If you have an external debug tool, you can also give a try.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ram_ald
Contributor II

Sir,

Driver issued resolved in my PC, new EVAL board detected and IDE detects the target and I am able to load the program. Thanks for your support.

But in the board in which I attempted  Firmware update (k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_hyper_if_crc.bin) for last 2 days have different issues as shown in the attachment.

Is there anything wrong I did while firmware update in that board, the procedure followed explained in an earlier post itself, Please advice?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
These errors also happen in my debug work and from my experience, you can try to do the below procedure to solve it.
Configure the SW7 to Serial Download mode, then connect the board to debug, after that, unplug the board and recover the SW7 to prior position, connect the board to debug again.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

ram_ald
Contributor II

Issues remain same.

0 Kudos

ram_ald
Contributor II

Sir,

The issue of earlier attachment remains "Unable to connect wire to probe index1", but the target board detected in "Probes discovered" wizard see attachment.

So tried copying binary file of application into board using the following procedure (to check at least for loading binary file into the target using OpenSDA USB port):

1.  Set default J1 5-6;

2. Set SW7 OFF-OFF-OFF-ON & connect J28 USB

3. Drag and drop the iledblinky example application binary file into RT1050-EVK drive

4. Power off; Set SW7 to OFF-ON-ON-OFF

5. Power on and not found any output on led blinking

My doubts is, IDE found the target and unable to connect to core with above said error. What does it indicates? Is it board failed?

Queries:

1. Is "k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_hyper_if_crc.bin" firmware resides inside Hyperflash? Are there chances that got corrupted?

2. Also not entering into serial maintenance mode (no MAINTENACE drive come, always shows RT1050-EVK drive irrespective of i set SW7 to that position?

3. How to recover my board to normal default condition?

Please advice.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for your reply.
1) Is "k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_hyper_if_crc.bin" firmware resides inside Hyperflash? Are there chances that got corrupted?
-- Of course, not, the k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_hyper_if_crc.bin resides in the MK20 which implements the OpenSDA, not the Hyperflash.
2) Also not entering into serial maintenance mode (no MAINTENACE drive come, always shows RT1050-EVK drive irrespective of I set SW7 to that position?
-- In the above steps, the second and fifth steps are unnecessary, after drag the application demo binary file into the RT1050-EVK drive, then unplug power and power on again, the application demo should boot up.
3. How to recover my board to normal default condition?
-- Maybe you can try to update the firmware of OpenSDA again by following the steps indicates in https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/12/16/mcuxpresso-ide-v10-1-0-with-i-mx-rt1052-crossover-processor/

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

ram_ald
Contributor II

Sir,

Attempt history with all steps included in the attached for your review and comments.

Please suggest.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd like to suggest you try the below tricks to solve the issue.
1) Update the firmware of the on-board debugger;
2) Configure the SW7 to Serial Download mode, then connect the board to debug, after that, unplug the board and recover the SW7 to prior position, connect the board to debug again.
Note: You'd better reimport the demo project prior to doing debug.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

ram_ald
Contributor II

sir,

How do we update the firmware of the openSDA interface MK20DX128VFM5 chip? Please suggest with procedures.

But one thing is that, i tried with new installation of IDE & Drivers & all re-loading in new EVAL board also. FYI.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Reprogram your adapter with a new firmware application, please follow the below steps.
1) Download the latest firmware via the link: https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/ides-for-kinetis-mcus/opensda-serial...
2) Set J27 jumper to 1-2 and press SW4 when power on.
4) Drag the firmware in the MAINTENANCE Disk, then unplug the board and power on again.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

ram_ald
Contributor II

Thanks. Attempted the method suggested through-loading firmware.

But the issue remains the same. Refer attached for errors.

Please suggest way forward.

0 Kudos