Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to run OTFAD encrypted code on RT1010_EVK

Jump to solution
calvin1
Contributor II

Hi, 

As title, I would like to run the OTFAD encryption image in QSPI XIP mode on RT1010, I was using NXP-MCUBootUtility 2.3 to program "led_blinky_0x6000a000.srec" from the apps folder, however, if I program this file in "DEV unsigned image boot" or "HAB signed image boot", it could run normally, but if I program the file in "OTFAD Encrypted Image Boot", the LED will not blink, as I already tried this on three of my EVK boards, I currently don't have any other "clean chip" to try any different settings, so I would like to ask if anyone knows what happened on my board?

And please let me know what change could I make to let my board successfully run in OTFAD?

Here are settings of NXP-MCUBootUtility:

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Calvin, 

This behavior is caused because you cannot make any frequency adjustments in the encrypted code area. This is specified in the application note AN12670. You can request this app note from the following link. Due to this, your application is currently crashing when it reaches the function BOARD_BootClockRUN. To avoid this from happening you need to move this function and all the other functions related to a flash are outside the OTFAD. My co-worker Kerry provided an example project that demonstrates how to achieve this, please refer to her last reply in the following community thread. https://community.nxp.com/thread/536241 

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Calvin, 

This behavior is caused because you cannot make any frequency adjustments in the encrypted code area. This is specified in the application note AN12670. You can request this app note from the following link. Due to this, your application is currently crashing when it reaches the function BOARD_BootClockRUN. To avoid this from happening you need to move this function and all the other functions related to a flash are outside the OTFAD. My co-worker Kerry provided an example project that demonstrates how to achieve this, please refer to her last reply in the following community thread. https://community.nxp.com/thread/536241 

Have a great day,

Victor

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
calvin1
Contributor II

Hi Victor,

After modify code as the post  XIP through OTFAD problems on RT1011  mentioned, now the blinking project works,

thank you.

Calvin

0 Kudos