cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect with IMX1020-EVK and IMX1050-EVK

Jump to solution
mauro_chimenti
Contributor I

After i have succefully tested and debugged some examples (connecting via usb IDE link-server) with the IMXRT1020-EVK i had an error during the flash upload. Now i'm not able to upload any file with connection errors.

I noticed if i disable the bootload from QSPI Flash, i'm able to connect upload but the debugger locks on a out of program trap point.

Using the IMXRT1050-EVK i had the exact sequence. Some examples tested succefully , then a write flash error and now i'm not able to connect.

What Can I do to solve this situation? Should i reset or clean the flash?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mauro,

I think that somehow you corrupted the flash descriptor block. It happend to me too during development. I was able to recover from this situation with the approach described under section "trouble shooting" in MCUXpresso IDE V10.1.0 with i.MX RT1052 Crossover Processor. The other approach if this fails is to use the boot ROM code to regain access. I described this for the RT1064 in Regaining Debug Access to NXP i.MX RT1064-EVK executing WFI, the same approach should work for the other RT devices (I only had to use it with the RT1064).

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mauro_chimenti
Contributor I

Thank you Erich, I solved with a flash mass erase after changed the bootload mode.

Now all two EVKs are working again.

After some test again i lost and recovered the RT1020. Probably the USB power in not strong enought dure the programmation

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mauro,

great to hear that you have recovered the board.

About the power: I highly recommend to use a stable and good external 5V power supply.

Depending on your host machine, your USB port and ability to provide power using the USB for powering the board is not a good idea. The quality of USB cable might have an impact too.

Erich

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mauro,

I think that somehow you corrupted the flash descriptor block. It happend to me too during development. I was able to recover from this situation with the approach described under section "trouble shooting" in MCUXpresso IDE V10.1.0 with i.MX RT1052 Crossover Processor. The other approach if this fails is to use the boot ROM code to regain access. I described this for the RT1064 in Regaining Debug Access to NXP i.MX RT1064-EVK executing WFI, the same approach should work for the other RT devices (I only had to use it with the RT1064).

I hope this helps,

Erich