Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core. No connection to chip's debug port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core. No connection to chip's debug port

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

Using the iMXRT1050-EVKB Board configured with qspi flash (by making necessary resistor changes and reprogrammed the opensda debugger to work with qspi chip).

The J-27 is set to 2-3. SW7 is set to OFF,OFF,ON,OFF.

Now, on trying to debug the "hello world" program, we get the following error:

Error in final launch sequence
Error: Unable to configure core for probe index 1.
Wire not connected

LinkServer has been terminated and will be restarted.
Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart MCUXpresso IDE.

The following error is from the GUI Flash tool:

Executing flash operation 'Program' (Program file into flash: evkbimxrt1050_hello_world.axf) - Fri Mar 15 16:25:51 IST 2019
Checking MCU info...
Scanning for targets...
Executing flash action...
MCUXpresso IDE RedlinkMulti Driver v10.3 (Feb 7 2019 22:50:02 - crt_emu_cm_redlink.exe build 760)
( 0) Reading remote configuration
Wc(03). No cache support.
Found chip XML file in C:/Users/20124662/Desktop/workspace/evkbimxrt1050_hello_world/Debug\MIMXRT1052xxxxB.xml
( 5) Remote configuration complete
Reconnected to existing link server
Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (using server started externally) gave 'Ee(42). Could not connect to core.'
Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (using server started externally) gave 'Ee(42). Could not connect to core.'
Server OK but no connection to probe 1 core 0 (after 3 attempts) - Ee(42). Could not connect to core.
Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core.
No connection to chip's debug port
(100) Target Connection Failed
Unable to perform operation!
Command failed with exit code 1

10 Replies

ColinLam
Contributor II
  • I had the same problem once while using the i.MXRT1052 and QSPI nor flash. I try to erase the nor flash by Keil, as my flashloader algorithm may has some bug for QSPI flash. 

0 Kudos

aliakbarp
Contributor I

Hello @jeremyzhou , 

is this something related to Code Read Protection (CRP)? I am just wondering how to erase all the content in EEPROM? Do I need to refer to your pdf file you shared? I am using LPCXpresso 11C24/CD

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I'd like to suggest you create a new post for your question.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mail1_zafer
Contributor I

Thanks for your answer. I will check your pdf and share my result here. 

0 Kudos

mail1_zafer
Contributor I

Hi,

I am new for imxtr1050-evb. I have downloaded MCUXpresso and imxtr1050 SDK. I can compile Hello World example. But when I click Debug button, I see error message.

Firstly I set J27 pin 1-2. while pressed sw4, I connected USB. I loaded "k20dx_mimxrt1050_evk_hyper_if_crc.bin" file. I disconnected the board and again set J27 pin 2-3.  SW7 is 0-1-1-0

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

jc222
Contributor I

I am new too,can you tell me How to solve this problem?thank you!

0 Kudos

emergentist
Contributor II

Hi Maniram,

Please note that the error report includes the message: "Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart MCUXpresso IDE."

Depending on the board (I have experience with I.MXRT1050 EVKB and the LPCXpresso LPC1769), I have found unplugging and plugging the USB connection between host and target also helpful for getting the connection to the debug port. Failing that, I will try restarting MCUXpresso IDE, much like the instructions suggest. Usually, that works.

Hope that helps.

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi maniram nagothi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer to the application note: AN12108 which illustrates how to enable the on-board QSPI flash feature includes adapting the hardware of MIMXRT1050 EVK board, in further, replacing the OpenSDA's firmware.

AN12108:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12108.pdf 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

Hi jeremyzhou,

thank you for sharing the data, the PDF link you have shared uses the IAR IDE,can u please share the steps or any PDF document which uses MCUxpresso IDE options.

Thanks,

Maniram

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi maniram nagothi,

Thanks for your reply.
Please refer to the thread:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341317
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos