FLEXCAN driver API Documentation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXCAN driver API Documentation

srini_atukuri
Contributor I

Hi, can someone please help me find FLEXCAN driver API documentation?? I can only find a reference manual for the API that is essentially code that is formatted - not real documentation. Please Help. I'm having trouble setting up Message Buffer filtering for receiving CAN messages.

Thank you so much.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

srini_atukuri
Contributor I

jeremyzhou‌, Thanks for your reply. I do not see any attachments to your reply. Did you forget?

I looked at the interrupt_transfer demo in the SDK previously. It only is setup to receive messages from 1 ID. I would like to receive messages from multiple IDs. I can't figure out how to do it. Can you help?

The following statements would configure to receive the message buffer to receive from 'rxIdentifier' ONLY. Do I need to configure another MB to receive messages from another ID?

mbConfig.id = FLEXCAN_ID_STD(rxIdentifier);

FLEXCAN_SetRxMbGlobalMask(EXAMPLE_CAN, FLEXCAN_RX_MB_STD_MASK(rxIdentifier, 0, 0));

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Srini Atukuri,

Thanks for your reply.
1) Do I need to configure another MB to receive messages from another ID?
-- Yes, in addition, I'd highly recommend you to go through the section 43.7.5 Matching Process in the RM, it will help you to understand the match process.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

chris_evans
Contributor III

Hi Srini,

If it helps, my init code for CAN FIFO is here:

FLEXCAN RXFIFO and Gobal Mask Filter Behaviour Incorrect? 

I have some issues with mixing global mask and individual mask. If you only want individual mask, it might work for you. Note this needs SDK v7.0 to work correctly.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Srini Atukuri,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
I've attached the MCUXpresso SDK API Reference Manual which contains the introduction of the FlexCAN driver, in addition, I'd like to recommend you learn how to set up Message Buffer filtering for receiving CAN messages via referring to interrupt_transfer demo in the SDK library.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos