Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External flash XIP header RT1064

Jump to solution
prashanthkk
Contributor II

Hi,

we are just wondering, why don't we boot the bootloader or application in RT1064 external flash? In  RT1062 we just noticed that nxp is giving support to add XIP header for external flash. may i know what is the proper reason for that?

Tried creating xip header for external flash by replacing the information of internal flash in rt1064.

In xip header we just modified the address of external flash( i.e 0x60XXXXXX), and changed some config in flespi_nor_config_t structure (frequency, size,sampleclksrc) , and  flashed the application/bootloader in external flash using JFlash tool at 0x600XXXX memory.After reset not booting from external flash.

whether Bootrom enables the clock for flexspi1 (external flash)? Can you help us to boot our all things from external flash. because we don't want internal flash.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
The I.MX RT1064 can't boot up from either external QSPI or HyperFlash instead of internal Flash.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
The I.MX RT1064 can't boot up from either external QSPI or HyperFlash instead of internal Flash.
Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Satish_Davare
Contributor II

Hi @jeremyzhou 

Thank you for your reply.

As you said ,  I.MX RT1064 can't boot up from external QSPI ?

if we can do it by any solution then please let us know. 

I seen external QSPI provision on I.MX RT1064 EVK board. What is purpose of external QSPI here as we can't boot from it?

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
1) As you said , I.MX RT1064 can't boot up from external QSPI?
-- Yes.
2) I seen external QSPI provision on I.MX RT1064 EVK board. What is purpose of external QSPI here as we can't boot from it?
-- The external QSPI can work as a memory device to store data.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: