Exit from SNVS mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit from SNVS mode

john_li2
Contributor I

We have the issue to exit from SNVS mode using the waking up pin in custom board.

Same as the link: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/Exit-from-SNVS-mode/m-p/969366#M4743 

Is there any result for the question, or any suggestion?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
I think I need more information about your issue, for example, the testing result of power_mode_switch demo, the difference between your customer board and NXP's evaluation board, and I'd highly recommend you to follow the below suggestions to give a test.
1. Test the power consumption, make sure your chip enters the SNVS mode.

2. SNVS can be waked up by WAKEUP pin and ONOFF pin.
1) WAKEUP pin need to assert for at least two 32KHZ cycles, please use the oscilloscope to test the wakeup pin wave, make sure it meets the demand.
2) ON/OFF button, MIMXRT1050-EVKB board is SW2, please press it to 2-3 seconds, whether it can wakeup the chip SNVS or not? My side SW2 also works.
3) Please also test the PMIC_REQ_ON, when you enter the SNVS mode, PMIC_REQ_ON pin will be low, after the SNVS mode is exit, PMIC_REQ_ON pin will be high.

3. Another important point
Please check your 32K oscillator, whether it is oscillating stably or not?

-- Yes.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

john_li2
Contributor I

Dear Jeremy,

Thanks very much for your kindly reply. Per check:

DC-DC_IN = 2.2V,

VDD_HIGH_IN = 3.3V, 

the on-chip DC-DC still on, it seems the system doesn't  enter SNVS mode.

So now we will try to check and make it enter SNVS mode first, thanks.

0 Kudos