Errors configuring USB Host MSD on RT1024

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors configuring USB Host MSD on RT1024

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Background: MIMXRT1024CAG4B-based product will use USB host with MSD (USB memory stick Mass Storage Device) for storing data (and eventually boot-loader). I'm trying to create a project and configure the chip using New Project Wizard and Configuration Tools. I did the following:

1. Used new project wizard to create a C++ project with FreeRTOS, including USB Host for FreeRTOS and assorted peripherals. Wizard completed and left me in developer perspective within MCUXpresso as expected.
  2. Within MCUXpresso, started configuration wizard. Attempted to configure peripheral USB, but it gives errors and does not show MSD as a supported host option (and only shows "bare metal" options, not FreeRTOS). Picture below.

RT1024_USB_host_error.PNG

Also, the Configuration Tools do not seem to know the peripheral options I selected in the new project wizard. I've attached the generated project below; please load the project to see all the details...

How do I get a skeleton project generated correctly without errors?
I need to use the configuration tools to set up clocks, pins, peripherals...

Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @davenadler ,

This is because we only have bare metal code currently. You can create a bare metal project first, then porting DFU code to  the FreeRTOS project.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

@jingpan- I do not understand what you are saying.
Can you please provide exact steps to get through this problem?
It is REALLY unfortunate that NXP tools do not work directly for this (very common) configuration!
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards, Dave

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @davenadler ,

Sorry I didn't make it clear. Can you try to download SDK-2.x-MIMXRT1024-EVK SDK and try again? I tried to create a new project and add FreeRTOS kernel. Then in peripherals config window I still can see DFU component and many other components which disappeared in your project. I don't know what's happen. I guess this may because your SDK is different with mine.

jingpan_0-1669777432410.png

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Please @jingpan - As I said in first sentence of my post, I am trying to configure MIMXRT1024CAG4B (for my own board). EVK uses a different processor and using wizard with SDK for EVK assumes lots of connections I do not have (and also runs clock at different speed, etc). I need help creating a working skeleton for MIMXRT1024CAG4B!

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The EVK SDK is not only used by EVK, you can use it on other RT1024, just adjust the CPU package.

jingpan_0-1670220879807.png

Regards,

jing

0 Kudos