cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter serial downloader via software commands

nickwallis
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Please can you tell me if it is possible to enter serial downloader mode (for loading new firmware over USB) by a software command? i.e. instead of changing the logic state of BOOT_MODE[1:0] pins and resetting the chip, can you achieve the same thing in software?

The use case is we would like to enter serial downloader mode automatically when a USB cable is inserted, without having to change the logic state of BOOT_MODE[1:0] pins and resetting the chip.

many thanks

-Nick

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) this is for RT1062, is that supported? is there an SDK example?
-- Yes, there's a fsl_romapi demo in the SDK library (~\boards\evkmimxrt1060\driver_examples).
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Can you achieve the same thing in software?
-- Yes, it can use the runBootloader in the ROM API to enter the Serial Downloader mode from the application, however, not all RT support the ROM API, you should check it via going through the RM of the specific chip.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

nickwallis
Senior Contributor I

thanks @jeremyzhou 

this is for RT1062, is that supported? is there an SDK example?

0 Kudos