cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecompass i.MX RT1010

mtuxpe
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to test SDK ecompass application on evk i.MX RT1010 kit.

Seems that the sensor is not detected;

The error message:

. Sensor device initialize failed!

Labels (1)
6 Replies

mtuxpe
Contributor III

U26 is not mounted on my  i.MX RT1010 kit.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marcio Montenegro,

Ok, that's the root problem, so you can find one FXOS8700 and solder it to your board, check the external circuit, then the code should work on your side.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marcio Montenegro,

ecompss project in the SDK need to use the on board FXOS8700 sensor, so, please check your board, do you have the U26 on board COMBO SENSOR chip?

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

eric_williams_n
Contributor I

It looks like U26 was not populated on my board either. Are they intended to be populated?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eric Williams

The board didn't contains FXOS8700 ,  it is caused by the out of stock when manufacture the MIMXRT1010-EVK board.

So, now, you can buy the FXOS8700  and solder it by yourself.

Best Regards,

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eric Williams,

As I know, MIMXRT1050-evkb contains this component, but MIMXRT1060-EVK and MIMXRT1010-EVK don't contains this component, just contains the package.

So, the customer may need to buy or apply the sample about this chip from the NXP website.

About the question: Are they intended to be populated?

Maybe not, but I already help you to check it with our hardware department, any reply will let you know.

Best Regards,

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos