cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVK-MIMXRT685: Slave device does not issue IBI on the bus

bslava
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm interested in a slave device based on EVK-MIMXRT685. After receiving the dynamic address, the slave tries to issue an IBI by running the following code:

I3C_SlaveRequestEvent (EXAMPLE_SLAVE, kI3C_SlaveEventIBI);

I expected the slave to pull the SDA line low to tell the master to start the IBI process. Unfortunately, this does not happen. Register values:

Config: 0x3C010019

Control: 0x00000001

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Slava

0 Kudos
4 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Slava,

Currently, we do not have the scenario of IBIs event and I3C slave device covered with the SDK examples. However, we expect to have these features in future SDK releases. Please let me check this with the internal team to see if we have any information to share about this.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

bslava
Contributor II

Thanks, Felipe!

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Slava,

I have received an update from internal team. It seems RT600 will include more examples to match RT500 SDK in future releases this year but we do not have an specific release date yet. You can currently refer to RT500 SDK that has some driver implementation with IBI events.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

bslava
Contributor II

Hi Felipe.

Thanks for the clarification. I have also tried the RT500 SDK. Unfortunately, I have not found a single example of an IBI slave in either the RT600 or RT500.

I am trying to trigger an IBI interrupt from an I3C slave but I cannot see it on the bus as it is pending for some reason I cannot understand.

Regards,
Slava

0 Kudos