ENET2 RMII Ref Clk

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENET2 RMII Ref Clk

jautry
Contributor IV

I am using both macs on an MIMXRT1062 in RMII mode and need to know if I can use only the Enet clock output from one of the macs to both phys or do I need to run both clock outputs to their respective phys.  The clock will be set to 50mhz.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jautry
Contributor IV

The last question I had was concerning using the MIMXRT device for the phy reference clock source.  Is this clock source stable (clock jitter) within the 50ppm required by most phy devices?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Is this clock source stable (clock jitter) within the 50ppm required by most PHY devices?
-- In my opinion, it's able to do it.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, you want to use the ENET module to connect multi PHY chips, and these PHY chips not only share the MDIO and MDC pins but also share the same reference clock.
Is my understanding right? If yes, I think it's available to do it, however, you'd better contact the PHY chip manufacture for confirming.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

nickwallis
Senior Contributor I

You need to route both clocks (enet_tx_clk and enet2_tx_clk) individually to each PHY.

-Nick

0 Kudos

jautry
Contributor IV

Are these clocks able to provide the 50ppm stability required by most phys?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos