EFuse boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFuse boot

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

Can you guys tell me how to configure my imx1060 devboard for fuse boot? Does this need to be done from mcu boot utility? Is there any register to write to in my code? I know there is a register bit that needs to be set high. Is there any examples on how to set this up? 

Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

Hi Kerry! 

I hope you are doing well! 

I have been able to use MCUboot Utility to burn the efuses and program the flash; thank you for helping with that! 

Now our requirements changed, we need to do all the efuse burning and flash programming using Flashloader/MfgTools. Could you please recommend and user guide or document I could use to do the flash programming and efuse burning.

what are the registers addresses and names for efuses burning? 

Thank you all for your help! 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andre marcus,

Thanks for your blessing, hope you and your beloved ones well too!

If you have the new questions, could you please create the new question post, and @ me? Then I will give you detail reply in your new post, as this original post already passed several months.

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andre marcus,

Try to download a RAM code instead of flash code with the debugger, whether it works or not?

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andre marcus,

1. yes, if you want to burn fuse, enter serial download 01 to blow fuse, then set boot mode to 11, boot from fuse.

2. yes. after you burn the fuse, just set mode to 00.

3. I don't know why you need to burn the fuse, as you know, after you burn it, your chip or your dev board won't back, you will always need to use the fuse configuration, and can't use the gpio function to do the boot configure anymore or select other boot configure in the fuse, so, if you just want to learn, I don't recommend you use the EVK board to test it, you just need to know the knowledge.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

I was able to blow the fuse using the boot utility. Now, I need to debug my code. When I go to debug mode I don't reach my breaking point set at the beginning of main. how can I debug with Jtag when boot from efuse?

Cheers,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andre marcus,

It seems your development process is wrong.

Normally, the fuse burn should be operated in the design finally step.

If you still want to do the debug, it is in the development stage, you should not burn the fuse, as you know, fuse can be back after you burn it.

I don't know why you do the fuse burn at first?  If you still want to debug it, you'd better don't do the fuse burn.

Now, you can use the jlink commander to connect your board, can you find the ARM core or not?

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

Any comments? 

0 Kudos

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

Yes I can find arm core from jlink command. What do I need to do next to step through my code in debug mode? 

The reason I’m doing efuse is that I am out of pins and need to use config pins for something else. 

0 Kudos

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

Farid

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

What's the "Farid" meaning about this question?

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andre marcus,

If you want to boot from the fuse, you need to modify the fuse bit at first:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

You can use the MCUBootUtility tool to modify the fuse map in the serial download mode.

It will be more easy to use.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

Please reply back to my previous question 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andre marcus,

Can't you see my last reply?

Do you mean you don't want to use the MCUBootutility tool to modify the fuse map?

Or you just want to use the code to write the fuse?

If you want to use the code, you can use the otopt project:

SDK_2.7.0_EVK-MIMXRT1064\boards\evkmimxrt1064\driver_examples\ocotp

But I still highly suggest you use the tool to modify the fuse map at your application stage.

This tool will be more easy to use.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

Hi Kerry, 

please correct me if I’m wrong: I first need to setup the boot mode pins to 01 for serial download to blow the fuses. The set the boot mode pins to 00 so that I can do efuse boot? 

In debugging I just debug as usual using jtag with boot mode pins set to 00? 

I tried the dev board iMX rt1060 to config the boot mode to serial download but I could not communicate with the board via MCU boot utility. How the sw7 inputs should be like? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos

farid_mabrouk
Contributor II

Farid

0 Kudos