Does the i.MX RT1060 support mobile (low power 1.8V) SDRAM?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the i.MX RT1060 support mobile (low power 1.8V) SDRAM?

Kevin23
Contributor II

I would like to use mobile SDRAM if possible with the RT1060  (such as Micron MT48H32M16LFB4-6 IT).  I see the GPIO block for the memory has a seperate power input.  If I supply this with 1.8V will this work?  Also how would I set the extended mode register?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. If I supply this with 1.8V will this work?

A. Yes, it will work.

Q. Also how would I set the extended mode register?

A. The only difference between the Set Mode Register and Set Extended Mode Register commands is that for the first one the address pattern should be selected so as both Bank Address BA1 and BA0 signals are 0, whereas for the second one BA1 should be 0 and BA0 should be 1. So, you only have to select the appropriate address pattern with BA1=0 and BA0=1 when executing the Set Mode Register command to access the extended mode register.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin23
Contributor II

I wanted to verify that I could write to the extended mode register so I hooked a scope to BA0 and BA1 on the eval board.  I know it does not have the correct mobile SDRAM chip but I wanted to see BA1=1.  Using the SEMC example program I passed the appropriate address (where BA1 should be 1 and BA0 should be 0) in the SEMC_SendIPCommand() for set mode but BA0 and BA1 were always 0.  I sent multiple addresses and never saw any activity on BA0 and BA1.  When I write data to the SDRAM at those addresses I do see activity on the bank address pins.  What could I be missing when trying to write to the extended mode register?

0 Kudos