cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation on using CAN protocol on SLN-Alexa-IOT

alfonso1
Contributor I

Hello,

Is there any documentation or examples for using CAN on the SLN-Alexa-IOT kit? I am trying to parse the JSON message from my custom Alexa skill and send it through CAN.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alfonso

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Alfonso Sanchez Arellano 

Seems you already have the updated information, but I still can't see it directly in the post.

About the CAN connection, you can refer to the RT1060-EVK board and the related code:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=MIMXRT1060-EVK-DESIGN-FILE-A2 

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alfonso Sanchez Arellano 

I didn't find the directly CAN examples for the SLN-Alexa-IOT.

In fact, from the SLN-Alexa-IOT schematic:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SLN-ALEXA-IOT-SCH&appType=license 

You can find the RT106A didn't add the CAN transceiver chip, it means the SLN-ALEXA-IOT hardware can't support the CAN transceiver directly, you need to add external related CAN chip.

pastedImage_5.png

But RT106A chip can support the flexCAN module.

pastedImage_2.png

From the SLN-Alexa-IOT driver, it also has the flexcan driver:

SDK_2.7.1_SLN-ALEXA-IOT\devices\MIMXRT106A\drivers

pastedImage_3.png

So, if you want to use it, you can use the can driver, about the examples, I think you can refer to the RT1060 SDK flexcan examples, the code can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

SDK_2.8.0_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\driver_examples\flexcan

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

alfonso1
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Thank you. I was able to find and load the flexCAN examples. However, how would I go about connecting a CAN transceiver chip in order to utilize the flexCAN drivers already provided? What transceiver chip do you suggest and which pins would be need to be connected to? 

Regards,

Alfonso

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alfonso Sanchez Arellano

1, transceiver chip you can refer to my first reply, already give you the RT1060 CAN transceiver chip from the schematic, TJA1057GT

2. About the code, you also can refer to the SDK code which I already reply you:

refer to the RT1060 SDK flexcan examples, the code can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

SDK_2.8.0_EVK-MIMXRT1060\boards\evkmimxrt1060\driver_examples\flexcan

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos