Do you need RTS and CTS to boot through LPUART1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need RTS and CTS to boot through LPUART1?

Jump to solution
z_cohen
Contributor I

Hi, we would like to boot through LPUART1. Is is completely necessary to have LPUART1_CTS and LPUART1_RTS? Or can we just use LPUART1_Rx and  LPUART1_Tx?

We're also using ENET and FLEXSPI_A which will block LPUART1_CTS and LPUART1_RTS. We are using the 100-pin LQFP

Thanks,

Zach 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zach Cohen ,

Please don't worry, the LPUART boot just need to use UART_TX and UART_RX, it doesn't need the RTS and CTS, so you can use that pin as other function, it's no problem.

You also can find the boot pin in the RT1020 reference manual:

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zach Cohen ,

Please don't worry, the LPUART boot just need to use UART_TX and UART_RX, it doesn't need the RTS and CTS, so you can use that pin as other function, it's no problem.

You also can find the boot pin in the RT1020 reference manual:

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

z_cohen
Contributor I

Excellent! Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zach Cohen,

You are welcome.

If your question is solved, please help me to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, thank you!

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos